FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

magna(TVS2300) vs Whipple 2.3L

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magna(TVS2300) vs Whipple 2.3L

Well I will soon buy supercharger for my Denali 2008 6.2L 6speeds American Racing headers ,K&N filter ,and Magnaflow cat back but I'm uncertain between two kinds of them Magna TVS 2300 or Whipple 2.3L. I want to know the difference between them .What is the most powerful? What is the best one? And if any of them have lot of problems. And can I buy Whipple 2.9L for my Denali?

Last edited by ashoooon; 12-18-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ashoooon
Well I will soon buy supercharger for my Denali 2008 6.2L 6speeds American Racing headers ,K&N filter ,and Magnaflow cat back but I'm uncertain between two kinds of them Magna TVS 2300 or Whipple 2.3L. I want to know the difference between them .What is the most powerful? What is the best one? And if any of them have lot of problem. And can I buy Whipple 2.9L for my Denali?
The TVS has the stronger hp/track numbers in the GM market.Also,most people consider the Magnacharger kits to be the most complete and reliable.Plenty of guys round here run the setups.

So far there is not much info gathered on the new style Whipple kits but,they look promising imo.....especially when compared to the old non-intercooled setups.
I think bdubb has a similar setup to what your thinkin about runin.Maybe he could shoot you some info on what he thinks of his Whipple.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I cant speak for the whipple but i am very happy with my TVS2300 so far. Whipple used to have horrible customer support, not sure if its still the same or not.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I cant speak for the whipple but i am very happy with my TVS2300 so far. Whipple used to have horrible customer support, not sure if its still the same or not.
Whipple sucks unless you have a 4.6l mustang. TVS2300 is waaaaayyyy better than a whipple. Many many people have TVS systems. Not so many have whipples. Also whipple is still an older technology. TVS is where it is at.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am very happy with the 2.3L Whipple, but haven't had much of a chance to drive it or really tweak the custom tune I added instead of the standard whipple handheld tune that they send in the kit.

The kit is 100% complete, less coolant and water.

My truck is the same as yours and the kit came ready to go. All OEM connectors and it is honestly plug and play. The only area that takes much thought on the kit was the MSD fuel pump voltage regulator hook up that was very simple in it's own. Injectors, handheld superchips tuner, air filter for stock air box, MSD fuel pump booster, Supercharger oil, etc. all included. Just buy the water, the coolant, and redline water wetter and start installing.

With the 6.2L and ARH 1-7/8" headers and Corsa catback I was seeing right at 6 PSI of boost from the as shipped kit. I have since ordered larger injectors and all the goodies to go up 2 psi in boost and also got the Trick coolant tank to allow for larger volume and a more seamless install for the tank.

I should have the custom tune finished up and install everything to raise the boost over the Christmas holidays and can report back with more info on it. You're looking at about $6,300 for the sales price over the internet.

Read through this thread and see if you have any other questions or concerns and I'll do what I can to answer them when I have time.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=470819

edit: I suggest spark plugs too.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zeake
Whipple sucks unless you have a 4.6l mustang. TVS2300 is waaaaayyyy better than a whipple. Many many people have TVS systems. Not so many have whipples. Also whipple is still an older technology. TVS is where it is at.
Hmm misinformation on the internet. Who would have thought? No worries though as we're all entitled to our own opinions and with that in mind I think you grabbed the wrong bag to smoke.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I can't comment on the TVS myself, but I also heard the rumors of Whipple's customer service.

However, buying the kit and even after the install I no problems getting easy and straight answers over the phone or over e-mail from the guys at Whipple. As the order was the first for my specific truck we had to get some injectors and an updated tune sent over to me as the truck is not flex-fuel, but they sent the parts next day and e-mailed the tune before I could even move to try and get to the point of waiting on them. Top notch in seeing to it that they took care of their product and their service.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol! At the smack talk.....I will say this Whipples head unit could give two ***** about what engine platform its on.Harnessing the power with a GM platform seems to be needle in the hay stack for most though.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

These new kits are a far cry from the older non-intercooled units with the crappy add-on Whipple-tronics and auxiliary injectors. Not in the same ball park, almost not even the same game!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I looked at the Whipples before I got my TVS, but I had a Twin Screw already (Kenne Bell) and wanted to try something different. At this point I am very happy with my choice.

Quick Reply: magna(TVS2300) vs Whipple 2.3L