FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

magna(TVS2300) vs Whipple 2.3L

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is going from a compressor to a blower a downgrade in efficency? Like going from a turbo to a procharger?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope Whipple approaches the TVS as far as value/reliability. I too considered it, but chose the TVS2300. A new front drive TVS2300 is sitting on my kitchen table. It was an easy choice for me because of the experience I've had with my vette. 670+rwhp on mild boost. Maybe the Whipple will get there. Maggie TVS is a sure thing in my book.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

The day I got my 96mm inlet on and seen a 25 degree rise over ambient on 0-130mph @13psi...I knew then what I had suspected all along but,hey to each there own.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Just to clarify. I owned a whipple. It was worthless. Whipples customer service was just as worthless.
That was my experience. More people buy TVS than whipple. Hmm I wonder why. Waste your money on a whipple if you like. I would bet that in a whipple vs TVS contest with the same boost TVS beats whipple.
Also call whipple and ask to order any part of the kit. Make it a bolt that bolts the pulley on. See how long it takes to get one. Due the same with TVS. That would show which one to buy.
Maybe some one that has installed and dynoed both will chime in and tell.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
The day I got my 96mm inlet on and seen a 25 degree rise over ambient on 0-130mph @13psi...I knew then what I had suspected all along but,hey to each there own.
Ok so you got a 96mm inlet on what? An intercooled whipple or a TVS? A 25degree rise above ambient ? what was it before? Share the knowledge and the experiance please.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

How much are the tvs2300 kits? The only kit I can find online is the smaller 1900 unit.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
is going from a compressor to a blower a downgrade in efficency? Like going from a turbo to a procharger?
Technically yes, but there is more to it than pure isentropic or volumetric efficiency.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zeake
Just to clarify. I owned a whipple. It was worthless. Whipples customer service was just as worthless.
That was my experience. More people buy TVS than whipple. Hmm I wonder why. Waste your money on a whipple if you like. I would bet that in a whipple vs TVS contest with the same boost TVS beats whipple.
Also call whipple and ask to order any part of the kit. Make it a bolt that bolts the pulley on. See how long it takes to get one. Due the same with TVS. That would show which one to buy.

Who has the closest 07 or 08 AWD Sierra Denali with a TVS2300 to Houston? Let's give them a shot and see what happens. I'd like to know either way.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Twin screws are dominating the ford scene, its a simple fact. Put the TVS 2300 vs the 2.3L Whipple with comparable setups and the twin screw will trounce the roots time and time again. That's not even getting into the fact that the TVS 2300 is the biggest roots Eaton currently has on the market, but twin screw market can go huge. Whipple has a 3.6L headunit currently and is blasting the GT500s to ridiculous numbers

Customer service isnt quite as easy to measure though. If Whipple isnt doing it for you, theres plenty of other blower mfrs out there
Old 12-12-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zeake
Ok so you got a 96mm inlet on what? An intercooled whipple or a TVS? A 25degree rise above ambient ? what was it before? Share the knowledge and the experiance please.

This was on a a2a intercooled 2.3l Whipple kit.What the iat's ran before is not important in the slightest cause,the blower was fukn choked to ****.The point of my post was to show the twin screw can be a very efficent unit in a GM application.If someone took the time to install supporting parts for it.
So you owned a Whipple huh....Did you intercool it?
How about rebuild the blower inlet?
Maybe you used a meth kit?Hell,you can jus change the t-body and port match the blower inlet and pick up power.Did you try anything to correct the flaws with the kit?Any 1 of my suggestion will gain you a significant amount of power per $.If you start spinning the blower above its stock configuration.

Quick Reply: magna(TVS2300) vs Whipple 2.3L