FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both thouse vids sound sexy

IF i went with the TVS 1900,LS2 injectors, what would be a good recommended choice of cam?.. i wont get into the exhaust right now.. im pretty picky about its sound, lol.

with the added power from that. is the stock 5.3 head & head bolts going to be good? or are they going to warp and wreck?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will more likely break pistons. And you WILL break the trans. Just plan on that.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Or annoying. Just get a turbo and save yourself before it's too late.....

the idea of a turbo is still floating around.. but id rather go SC over turbo
Old 11-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Teching In

yea the stock tranny isnt going to handle much without being built, or replaced entirly. this has already been confirmed. pistons still unsure of how much they will take.. but i more than likely will be looking into replacing them as well.

PM me with info on turboing a 5.3L if you know anythinng about it, cause like i said.. the idea of a turbo is still floating around so im open to hearing information and opinions on it.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:01 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PanCaKeS279
the idea of a turbo is still floating around.. but id rather go SC over turbo
Do you have any good reasons or is it all misinformation?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Teching In

budget to an extent, and dont know enough about either one's pro's and con's on the 5.3 to make a solid decission yet to wich one will be more suitible.
reasoning for going for a super charger over turbo though is that im still a beginner at this, and the SC set up looks to be alot more simpler and easier to understand than the turbo set up. so i could be misinformed and the turbo set up could be easier than the SC route.. but thats why im still open to hearing info on both so i can make a better more educated desicion to how i will go about hitting my 500whp goal.

Last edited by PanCaKeS279; 11-06-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Do you have any good reasons or is it all misinformation?
Why in the World are you back on your personal attack? The dude is interested in a supercharger for all the right reasons. Not everyone is trying to squeeze every last freakin amount of power out of their car. I have yet to see ONE turbo kit that is completely bolt on, reliable, and dependable.

Magnuson has all of that in two neatly packed boxes backed by a warranty that is second to none.

OP, if you are looking for some more information please feel free to give me a call, the number one place for mis-information is in any post that wilde replies too.

We are well versed in all forms of forced induction, Lysholm, Magnuson, Whipple, and Vortech, Centrifucal to Screws, we have you covered.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blower is definitely an easier install and more dependable IHMO. But turbos will have higher HP potential. Read up on here for a while before making the plunge and you'll find some good threads talking about the pro's and con's
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They all have their place and certain areas they shine, with maybe a little overlap, its just a matter of which fits best with what you’re trying to accomplish. I will say that it would be hard to beat a roots style supercharger for just day in day out reliability where ultimate power output is not the primary goal, but just good overall performance.

But hell, what do I know, I’m still getting by on the all too small baby MP112 albeit with a small dose of gas.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Launching!

if you wanna squeez every little bit of power then go turbo but if you want a depndable ride then go SC (thats what i was told)
i went SC and it pretty badass, my truck is a 4.8 and it hauls better than i expected, its on 10 lbs of boost on a stock block... i run it hard most of the time and havent had a problem! Im pretty sure blownchevy or Black Bear can get you a sweet deal!

Quick Reply: magnacharger