FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Why not? it's fun. and who said anything was personal?

LOL, I agree. No need to let facts cloud ones' judgment....

whats your problem> why are you being so harsh. If you don't like maggies then so be it but do'nt go shitting on another members thread that people are trying to help.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PanCaKeS279
budget to an extent, and dont know enough about either one's pro's and con's on the 5.3 to make a solid decission yet to wich one will be more suitible.
reasoning for going for a super charger over turbo though is that im still a beginner at this, and the SC set up looks to be alot more simpler and easier to understand than the turbo set up. so i could be misinformed and the turbo set up could be easier than the SC route.. but thats why im still open to hearing info on both so i can make a better more educated desicion to how i will go about hitting my 500whp goal.
BC is right about the kit. There is no really good turbo "kit" that is as complete as any Radix/TVS kit. but if you can over come that it becomes much more realistic for a "Beginner" to start with a turbo. If you want a "bolt on forced induction kit" a radix/tvs is the answer. If you are whiling to do a bit of research you might (depending on many variables) save yourself a lot of time and money of having to switch set-ups later on.

Please re-read post 12. You will be breaking your trans/rearend. just budget for it right now.

Originally Posted by NORCAL TBSS
whats your problem> why are you being so harsh. If you don't like maggies then so be it but do'nt go shitting on another members thread that people are trying to help.

My first post I actually was trying to help, yes the misinformation post could have been wrote a bit better but I like it....
Old 11-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ONLY reason I chose turbo over s/c is with 165k miles on my 5.3, the turbo will induce less overall stress on the engine and trans than a supercharger will. You also dont have the parasitic loss of having to turn the supercharger using the engine versus using exhaust gases. The MPs/TVSs are a great platform for someone wanting a no fuss way to get into FI. There will be a little bit more customization when going with a turbo. I would reccommend reading Corky Bell's books on Superchargers and Turbos. More info in those two books than you will find reading through these forums!

Just food for though.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by black00chev
The ONLY reason I chose turbo over s/c is with 165k miles on my 5.3, the turbo will induce less overall stress on the engine and trans than a supercharger will.
I bet it had more to do with the girly FI comment...
Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guero68
i have a tvs1900 on a 6.0 that i was using on my 5.3...I made 520hp 560ft/lb torque at 6lbs of boost on a Mustang Dyno..i could pulley down to get greater gains....but thats all I need for now on my DD... The 6.0 is cammed ported polished heads, 1 7/8 long tube didnt even turn on the meth...so the tune and power is safe for longevity of the engine..

what was your 5.3L in, and did you have any other mods done to it? hearing peoples personal experience with it peaks my intrest.

Wilde Racing is just trying to stirr the pot, ignoring him would be a better solution than turning this into one of thouse gong show threads

IMO
Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Teching In

i never took the misinformed comment as anything, if you read my replies you'll see that i was willing to listen to what Wilde Racing had to say about turbos over super charges, and gave him the honest answer to why id prefor a SC over turbo. so lets not turn this into a gong show like i just stated in my previouse post.

and black00chev thanks for the input, ill be taking a look for Corky Bell's books now.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by PanCaKeS279
Wilde Racing is just trying to stirr the pot, ignoring him would be a better solution than turning this into one of thouse gong show threads

Your right about my delivery but keep in mind I might have been down that road and seen/worked on others projects that helped shape my opinion. If you don't want my opinions/advice that is fine, but I warn you, I still might "stir the pot" for my entertainment only of course.....
Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Teching In

or you could not stirr the pot. and add useful constructive information instead..
Old 11-07-2011, 10:11 PM

It's not as entertaining.....

What are your goals? Really, what do you dream this pig of a truck of yours will do? What is your budget? And how much if any are you going to be doing yourself?

Last edited by Wilde Racing; 11-07-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Teching In

go watch **** if your looking for online entertainment. lol

Quick Reply: magnacharger