FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnacharger belt walking off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Doobie
I had this EXACT same problem with my install. I too installed Moregrips 100mm pulley upgrade and had a lot of belt squeal. The passenger side idler was not parallel with the other pulleys. With a straight edge I could see that this pulley was turned in towards the tensioner,the same way as yours. I gave this to my brother(a toolmaker) and he carefully gaged it up at work and found that the passenger side idler bracket surface was not milled or ground "parallel" with the Tensioner mounting surface on the magnacharger supplied bracket. It took a while for him to set this up on a mill for rapair, but once aligned it took less than 5 min. to refinish. I think he ended up taking .009" off the right side of pulley surface while just grazing the left side of surface. All pulleys are aligned and quiet now.

Also the passenger side Metco idler pulley hit on the pulley bracket just like yours is doing now. I had my brother remove some material from the inside back of the pulley(on a lathe or mill) and that fixed the problem. I also had him cut down the front of both pulleys for a better look(as per Moregrips advice again).

Thanks for doing all the leg work on this one Moregrip!

I hope this might help.
no worries, excellent info on the mounting surface
Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 12SEC SS
i tried 3 times and it stays on, i have my fuel pressure goes down under boost, I have a brand new walbro255 in the tank. I have about 44 at idle with vacuum, 58 with vacuum off, but as soon as boost hits pressure drops to 40psi...I dont understand why one 255 isnt enough, I am looking into an external pump right now.
you need to drop the tank again, you did not get the pump module installed properly. what year is the truck>?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just for some closure on this thread, just in case someone has the same problem in the future. For me, it turned out to be a combination of things. First, the alternator somehow was sitting back too much, I ended up loosening it and putting a washer on each bolt, between back of the alternator housing and the bracket. This cured a lot of belt dust and belt looked much straighter on the drivers side. My next problem was that when I ordered the tensioner from Magnacharger, It came with a smooth pulley with two ridges, and looked to be for a 8-rib belt. I replaced it today with the ribbed pulley, and all is straight now and no problems. I actually started getting a lot of belt squeek with the 3.2" pulley I put on, so this forced me to finally tackle this problem

On the fuel pressure note, on my pressure regulator i was missing the little o-ring at the end after the screen. Was causing my hard starts and pressure was bleeding into return without going through the regulator. All is fixed now, ready for a dyno tune.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 12SEC SS
Was causing my hard starts and pressure was bleeding into return without going through the regulator. All is fixed now, ready for a dyno tune.
I need to just sticky this at the top of this section
Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I need to just sticky this at the top of this section
make sure the part that it looses fuel pressure at WOT is in bold