FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnacharger installed :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnacharger installed :)

Magnacharger intercooled MP112 installed on a stock 2003 Avalanche.
Runs good but has engine ping in high rpm.
Using premium fuel and one heat range colder NGK Iridium spark plugs.
Used programmer that was coming with the kit.
What shall we do now?

I did read some things over here about engine ping, but i am not sure about that topic.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a custom tune from one of our sponsors on the right ------>
Old 04-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you install a magnavolt or walbro in-tank pump?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

The pump in the tank is thesame, they added a fuel pressure corrector (i'll hope this is the right word for that thing)
For 2003 models the pump in the tank should not be modified according the manual.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be the magnavolt, have you verified that it is working correctly?ory radix tu The factne is very conservative, I have a hard time beleiving that its causing the issue. I know of people who have ran 3-4 more #s of boost off the stock tune with no problems.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Teching In

I'll hope they checked if it's working correctly.
You mean fuel pressure could be my problem?
I believe they installed an other brand than magnavolt or walbro fuel pressure corrector.
Is that allright?

Last edited by Djurre-Avalanche; 04-11-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe the kits for the return style fuel systems come with an external booster pump.

As suggested, make sure that your fuel pressure is holding under boost- with the return style system it should actually increase when you are in boost. If it does not, check that the booster pump is working. If the fuel pressure is good, make sure that the tune was installed correctly and that you received the correct tune for your vehicle.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fuel quality in other countries can be suspect, but another common issue if you find you do have a fuel pressure issue and the pump(s) appear to be in good order, is the fuel pressure regulator itself on the earlier return style models. Or in other words, quite a few people have accidentally left out the small inner o-ring when transferring over the regulator to the Magnacharger fuel rail.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wink

Dont screw around with ping at wide open throttle as it can ruin your pistons and engine really quickly under boost conditions. Find someone local with HPtuners software and get it datalogged so you can stop guessing. The Maggy handheld programmer files suck. Biggest deal is you either have a weak old stock fuel pump or most likely too much timing advance in a very heavy vehicle. Get a real on-site tune before you ruin your engine.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aknovaman
Dont screw around with ping at wide open throttle as it can ruin your pistons and engine really quickly under boost conditions. Find someone local with HPtuners software and get it datalogged so you can stop guessing. The Maggy handheld programmer files suck. Biggest deal is you either have a weak old stock fuel pump or most likely too much timing advance in a very heavy vehicle. Get a real on-site tune before you ruin your engine.
yeah dont mess with ping. it only took to high rpm pulls for my motor to loose compression. ping is not a god thing at all. personally id wouldnt drive it until you have all the bugs worked out. its to easy to say you will stay off the throttle but it never happens trust me been there to many time. i just want to save you a motor replacement.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger installed :)