FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnacharger - Normal Driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnacharger - Normal Driving

Hey guys,
I'm looking at a Magnacharger for my truck. I hear with the weight of my truck, the magnacharger is the best bet as far as low end torque. The thing is, I'm not going to be drag racing or off roading or anything like that. Occasionally I may tow a trailer with a couple of dirtbikes and a days worth of riding gear (2500 lbs. max) I've seen different posts around the internet regarding the magnacharger's attitude during normal driving conditions, but none of them are very consistent. I'm looking for anybody who has the magnacharger and does some normal everyday driving. Is it always producing boost, or can you just cruise around without getting into the boosted power? I know with a turbo I would be able to stay away from the boost while driving normally maybe even with a procharger, but I hear with the procharger that it makes max power right at the shift point then you have to start over. I'm at a loss, any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Colby
Old 01-06-2008, 09:26 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

you can drive it all day long and not see boost
Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to PT.net Colby. With the Magnacharger you can drive all day without going into boost....well if you keep your foot out of it. Even with my system which is slightly modified () I can stay out of boost and have plenty of power for normal driving.

Sounds like the Magnacharger is the right choice for your desires. There is one for sale right now in the classifieds section or you can find a new one from our sponsor

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...p?userid=44662
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by trever1t
Welcome to PT.net Colby. With the Magnacharger you can drive all day without going into boost....well if you keep your foot out of it. Even with my system which is slightly modified () I can stay out of boost and have plenty of power for normal driving.

Sounds like the Magnacharger is the right choice for your desires. There is one for sale right now in the classifieds section or you can find a new one from our sponsor

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...p?userid=44662
Thanks!!

I have 2 in stock and ready to ship!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you will find it hard to stay out of boost with any type of forced induction. It's just WAY too fun not too..... And Welcome to the site...

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 01-06-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You gnenerally only see "real boost" at WOT..Normal driving conditoins you pretty much stay in vacuum.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Damn I turn around to read the soup ****'s take on engine oil and look what's going on. Well, it's only one pulley size smaller
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by brobradh77
You generally only see "real boost" at WOT..Normal driving conditoins you pretty much stay in vacuum.
huh? What is real boost? I see boost at partial throttle. Not light throttle but definitely before I go wot.

Depending on load and throttle position. Put it this way, I can climb most hills around here (Nor-Cal) and not go into boost if I don't want to by watching my boost Gage and my right foot. I can lighten load by making sure i am in the proper gear for the situation.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Damn I turn around to read the soup ****'s take on engine oil and look what's going on. Well, it's only one pulley size smaller
Don't forget the crutch!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Don't forget the crutch!!!
No crutch....boost enhancement

Quick Reply: Magnacharger - Normal Driving