FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnacharger - Normal Driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
huh? What is real boost? I see boost at partial throttle. Not light throttle but definitely before I go wot.

Depending on load and throttle position. Put it this way, I can climb most hills around here (Nor-Cal) and not go into boost if I don't want to by watching my boost Gage and my right foot. I can lighten load by making sure i am in the proper gear for the situation.

i call real boost full boost. You only see full boost at WOT anything else i dont care about thats why I ignore it and i assumed he ment driving around town and seeing say 8#'s of boost. You shouldnt see that at part throttle.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock setup is only ~6lbs so yes, that is true but I often see 5-7lbs partial throttle, like when making a quick lane change or when getting up to speed on an on-ramp. I rarely ever go WOT on the street, there's just no need for me to go 50-110mph in a few seconds and anything under that at WOT I'd just be burning off tire unnecessarily
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your making a quick lane change at partial throttle? you have way more restraint than me..lol I have to be more careful since i've finally popped my cherry and snapped my first tnsioner in half due to a quick lane change..lol I keep a spare in the truck now
Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
LMAO, You two crack me up.....

I think you will find it hard to stay out of boost with any type of forced induction. It's just WAY too fun not too..... And Welcome to the site...
I dont think your truck knows anything other than Boost. Would you like a side of motor to go with your turbo??
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can stay out of boost....when the tune wasn't happy and I had to move the 24 ft trailer (no car but enclosed is still a burden unloaded) I was able to pedal it to keep it out of boost, reasonable boost if I kept it in the gear it was in and leaned into it, big boost if I let it downshift and scream...
Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to use it just 'cuz you have it. But it's nice to have when you feel the need for speed. Mine runs like any other truck until you squeeze the throttle hard. Has 12" of vacuum at a 65mph cruise. Fuel eco is a little less (probably due to the cam). I can still get 18mpg out of it if I drive no faster than 60.

The only thing you'll regret after the radix install is not having done it sooner.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Watching my vac/boost gauge, I only get into boost when vac. drops to 0~1".
Usually when I open throttle quickly(vacuum drops) or climbing a steep hill.
I can drive all day and never get into boost. Running stock 3.4" pulley at 6.5lbs. of boost.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah as everyone has stated you could drive all day without boost. The times it will go into boost is @ heavy loads on the engine. IE: The time I was pulling my trailer with a couple dirt bikes and an ATV on the interstate. Cruise control on and came to a steep hill. As the load increased it went to about 5 psi but never downshifted out of 4th. I manually dropped it to 3rd just to see and it pulled the hill without needing any positive pressure.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

everyone SHOULD own at least 1 "MAGGIE"
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Awesome thanks for all the help guys....it's just what I was looking for/wanted to hear.

Colby

Quick Reply: Magnacharger - Normal Driving