FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnacharger and Spray?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 03tahoe22
I am planning on running 10# on the magnacharger and I was wondering if anyone knew the limit of how much spray (nitrous) I can add on the stock block? 100 maybe 125?
I would recommend you start smaller on the boost setting mabye 5-8 psi, If you are planning on spray. When you spray that much nitrous your boost gauge should read higher. Nitrous wants to expand and you are trying to compress it. The cooling effect with that much nitrous would be great.
Also starting small allows you to make adjustments depending on the power level you want, tuning tweeks etc.
I am planning on bringing these to market this year.
Costing will be 450.00 + frieght. This does raise the blower top up 3/8 of an inch.
This tubes can be tweeked for water meth as well, or in addition too.
This is the prototype.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently running ~7 psi and a 55shot so what do you guys think the next move is since everyone is staying start small..... "I think im past the small part" Is this like a plate kit that mounts underneath the supercharger? You could run meth and nitrous or just one..... serperate line for both?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Truck Sponsor

You next step would 75 then 100,125,150 etc. I like the combing of both, you get to play with the good torque of a blower, and keep the blower speed down low. If you where trying to run 10-12+ psi the blower is spinning alot faster even while you are not needing it, which is most of the time.
Anyway yes the plate goes between to top and the tub. Right now there is enough room for 4 bars. I could put more bars in there if someone wanted nitrous,fuel, and water/meth. Just time, machining and a little more coin.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
--SNIP-- I would go with more boost first but thats me, i like having that power on tap. So do you run 2 separate tunes, one for the boost and one for boost + nitrous like i do?--SNIP--
yes, BUT if you were to slow that stupid heat maker down and just spray more I think you would see MUCH better results....

Originally Posted by trever1t
--SNIP-- I think it must help but most benefit is coming from the added oxygen IMO.
Power comes from FUEL NOT oxygen.... I thought we had this lesson already???
Old 01-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
yes, BUT if you were to slow that stupid heat maker down and just spray more I think you would see MUCH better results....

Power comes from FUEL NOT oxygen.... I thought we had this lesson already???
yeah...BUT slowing it down isn't the same as loosening or tightening your wastegate. 9#'s is good on it IMO. Can't always run the juice, so find a happy median.

BUT you wouldn't be able to add more fuel if you didn't have more oxygen. Hence why there is a hp shot point when you need to make your nitrous a wet system.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I see there is no wining this battle betwenn more boost less spray or more spray and less boost.... I think Im going to go ~10lbs and 75hp shot and see were that gets me? Would I be better to not run spray and run meth instead? Blind to the world with knowledge about meth. I have researched that ppl have snow performance kits but some run windshield fluid, meth, 50/50 meth water. Stage II or Stage III. What is right from my application?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Truck Sponsor

Ok this is the **** to do.
Spray more and use methanol as the sub. fuel. If its power you are looking for spin it less and spray it more. Here is why. Nitrous is -127 as it is injected in the engine. The larger amount of nitrous used, the greater amount of -127 is being injected, the more cooling media you have. Also the more nitrous is used the boost will go up its a win win in my opinion...Methanol as the sub fuel adds octane and more cooling...
Here is why not. Spinning the blower creates more heat, and if you are spraying less you will now have less -127 to cool things down. Its alot easier to add more nitrous then less boost.
With my SBC megablower 8psi and 200shot pegged a 15psi gauge.

Windshield fuild is watermeth just premixed at the store. Straight meth will add more octane then water meth.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Please make sure you have a camera present so we can all witness the boom.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My set up idea is to get me a 5lb. bottle that i can hide in my center console and just lift up the cup holder to turn the bottle on and off..use a window switch and maybe,maaaayybe a bottle warmer...not looking for anything fancy since it will not be visisble but i would like the LED purge system
Old 01-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Please make sure you have a camera present so we can all witness the boom.
You worried about your blower letting go. LOL
Just missing with you.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger and Spray?