FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnachargers install directions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by r1les
Im guessing Blownchevy must work for or sell the radix cause hes the only one who took it personal lol.Anyways I had downloaded it from the website and 3-4 of the pictures didnt even print out.I know it isnt the printers fault cause it did a good 54 pages worth.The problems werent as big as previous stated due to the level of my patience.But on some of the steps the pics are so close that you cant get a good reference point of where the sensor will plug into or where the hose will go on what fitting.Its not in every one of them,just for every few steps theres one that makes you scratch your head.And it seems theres a pully whell you are supposed to remove that isnt stated in the downloaded instructions that had me fighting for a few.I especially liked how easy it read to pull off the connectors for the injectors....release clip and squeeeze and pull gently...PHAAA,I had needle vice grips on those bastards lol!Yeah Im sure once you guys look back on the directions after of few "WTF's"...Im sure they did seem easy.But for a first timer and in the process....there are and will be one or 2 more "WTF's".And before anyone else whos installed these things since they were born and take it personal....I purchased the kit from someone who had it installed and un-installed.So its like someone giving you a half put together puzzle and you gotta make sure the pieces are all there and the directions are matching up.And since everyone thinks its easier than tripping a cripple....I will be back on here tomorrow with any more problems if some arise.Then we shall see if theres more knowledge than opinions.....

Personal
I asked a question.
I can assure you there is more knowledge than opinion on this site when it comes to this supercharger system.

If you are here to ask questions, and get help please ask away we are here to help. If you are here to stir the pot, and cause an up-roar. I'm your Huckleberry.

FYI, installing a used kit is almost ALWAYS more difficult than a new one. Instructions or not, the kit is not in the same order as a new one.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
... I'm your Huckleberry.

I thought you were MY huckleberry??
Old 09-07-2008, 10:04 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I thought you were MY huckleberry??
Only on Tuesdays.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:04 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Only on Tuesdays.
Sweet!!! 2 days and counting!!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah Im not here to stir the pot.Then Id waste my time on Fullsizechevy for that.Pissing matches on the internet are stupid anyways Anyways first question,the stainless coolant bar that goes in front of the charger after you remove your old one.....well I looked and looked and I didnt see on the box.So will my old one work or is it not long enough due to the different bends in the "new" one?And the clip in back that holds down the MAF sensor was re-tightened WAY to tight and stripped at the same time.So the clip ended up breaking and I have to figure another way to secure the sensor down.And Im mounting the pulley system on now and noticed the small pulley (if looking directly at the alternator) to the left of the alternator had to be removed.I did not notice that in the directions at all? And I noticed that was one of the things not listed.But I fought it with it in a time or 4.And the pieces lined up with it being removed.....now do I reinstall it after the pulley system is in place?Directions no show?And like I said....first time supercharger to my lifted daily driver...I would have no shame in having 10 sets of directions to make sure its done correctly.My old 69 camaro enigine and 72 truck I can do with my eyes closed almost....But my cherry has been popped with this truck.Its an 03' 5.3L z71 with a 6" lift.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:41 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your stock coolant crossover tube (coolant bar) will not work with the shape of the supercharger's manifold. It will not physically fit, so in a new kit they give you one that has been made to fit around the base of the s/c.

The MAP sensor (I'm assuming you meant MAP instead of MAF) really needs to have that hold-down clip in place. I would see if you can get a tap to clean up the threads in that hole.

The stock idler pulley needs to be reinstalled. I don't know if the newer systems are different than the one that I got, but I had mine off and on several times without ever touching the idler pulley you are talking about. I actually just downloaded the instructions for your kit and looked and it doesn't say anywhere to remove that pulley.

Last edited by thunder550; 09-07-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I didnt recieve the new coolant bar because we are guessing it was left on his original truck.Like I said the "kit was purchased from another guy.He had it professionally installed by a actually well known tuner on here.He had it un-installed also.Its not the guys fault because he was told everything was in the box and ready to resale.And he has been WAY more than helpful with me about trying to find things and see if some things were left on his old rig.But the set screw that the MAP sensor is held down by was stripped and way over tightened by the un-installer.So its stuck in there for the time being.Access is kinda tuff also do to it sits kinda up and under the top of the charger.And the pulley did have to be removed because there are holes that line up in the same exact spot as to where the pulley was mounted.And I just finished tightening down the new pulley set up and it fit great with that old pulley gone.And maybe it was my internet connection due to some faulty directions...who the hell knows..does the alternator absolutely have to be removed?Its not in the way as of yet.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Nevermind about the alternator...I snuck it in without it getting removed.Next question,There were 2 fuel lines that were one on top of each other that got removed from the stock fuel rail.The directions only show one fuel line getting hooked up,and I only see one fuel fitting on the side of the charger to hook up?Is the line that sat on bottom on the old manifold a return line?And where does it hook up?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:48 PM
blownerator

If you only have one fitting on the fuel rail then you are screwed. Your truck has a return system that requires a different fuel manifold on the rail.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

*****..... wheres a good place to obtain what I need?Or is it the whole blower itself?

Quick Reply: Magnachargers install directions...