FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnachargers install directions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the time may come when you recieve a call for the crossover tube.But I can tjustify the simplicity of adding on to it compared to the price of a new one.I thought the tube was stainless,but then a magnet proved otherwise which makes things easier.I had to fab up my own intercooler brackets today which took bout 20 minutes painted and installed.And I did recieve the package today with the new regulator and fuel pump.But with the way this install is going....the crossover tube will be one of the easy things lol.Just make a cut closer to the fitting opposite side of the alternator,tighted down both fittings to on each side.Then measure the gap.Cut and hold in place and tack.Or just measure the full length needed and thread each end and tighten.Either or.Only thing Im worried about is since I didnt have the correct steps to follow due to a different set up.Im going to find a installer somewhere around here and look everything over real good to "finalize" it since Im doing all the grunt work.So if anyone knows anyone close to the Central Coast in Cali?Let me know.Thanks for the help guys.Hey BlownChevy.you never called back?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam all that work. how much was the kit shipped to your door used anyway like 1500?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Lol its not as much work as it sounds...but it definitely wasnt a nice and easy step by step.Im doing other welding jobs so I pretty much have been nit picking it here and there by myself until everything is straight.But even now Im still sitting way under the cost of a new set up plus tax.Once I get the tune in and everything is co-sure(knock on wood) it wont seem as bad.But hindsight is 20/20.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Restricted User

how much did you get the kit for shipped? also how much did you spend for extra of the parts that you needed?? is it like a few grand cheaper htan a new kit or a few hunderd
Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Staging Lane

Right now a lil under a grand.but I have never had a tough time with anything Ive done on this truck till now.So I guess I was due.And other than the mental frustration of making sure I have everything and making sure things are in the right order and spot....it hasnt been that bad at all.Nothing has been a biotch to install or tighten or fit.Hey ...it is what it is.Just as long as when I turn the key and theres no knock and pinging and everything is smooth?The thatll be the fruits of my labor.But if things go completely downhill and things arent working right cause of the kit? I garauntee Sh*t will hit the fan.But for now the glass is half full for me.And Im comfortable with the knowledge Ive been handed form the guys on here.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

He quick question.Installing the supercharger belt....is it the same locations as the stock?Or different?I tried to look for a diagram to make sure I do it correctly.No go.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by r1les
.Just as long as when I turn the key and theres no knock and pinging and everything is smooth?The thatll be the fruits of my labor.But if things go completely downhill and things arent working right cause of the kit? I garauntee Sh*t will hit the fan.
If you installed it properly then it will work.....If you made a mistake installing the kit, it is not Magna Chargers Fault.......We like to call that installer error.

Originally Posted by r1les
He quick question.Installing the supercharger belt....is it the same locations as the stock?Or different?I tried to look for a diagram to make sure I do it correctly.No go.
Hope this helps:
Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

Granted it very well could be installer error....OR it will be installed properly and then we find out the REAL reason the previous owner sold it.
And thanks for the pic....it made me realize another part that Nelson didnt put in the box for guy that sold it to me....looks like youll be getting another call tomorrow BlownChevy hindsight is 20/20 at least if I ever sell it later on itll definitely be a FULL kit lol!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Riley, if you want to call me tomorrow I will be in Ventura and you can HAVE a steam cross over tube so you can get back on the road.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Eh hm....first of all R1les, have you called Nelson yourself? I will not play favorites but before anyone goes badmouthing anybody they better have all their facts in hand.

Your first post was inflammatory, I am not surprised you got a few reactionary posts. BlownChevy has been cordial and professional in trying to assist you. The product is his life and blood , happy customers, even second hand are important to him.

Nelson has not had an opportunity to comment here, he does not read through the pages of PT.net on a daily basis like some of us. Before you start commenting on his professionalism for something you are only a 3rd party to I suggest you pick up the telephone and stop bitching.

There will be no more personal attacks here, from anyone.

Quick Reply: Magnachargers install directions...