FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnavolt or BAP in on NNBS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running a Lonnie's dual pump setup and E85. Just eliminated the FPCM by pulling the fuse and tuning out the codes.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooter k
I'm running a Lonnie's dual pump setup and E85. Just eliminated the FPCM by pulling the fuse and tuning out the codes.
So we do have a FPDM like in the Camaro's. Where is it at on our trucks? Thats where the car guys are wiring in the BAP's at.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carbongmc
So we do have a FPDM like in the Camaro's. Where is it at on our trucks? Thats where the car guys are wiring in the BAP's at.
You may or may not have it. It would be mounted up above spare tire is you did. Camaro 5 forum has schematics of how they wired them in.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My whipple kit came with a MSD voltage booster (forget the exact name) but it appears to work. At least I have not ran out of pump yet.

I'd prefer to go with the dual CTSV pumps though if I was doing a mild build.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooter k
You may or may not have it. It would be mounted up above spare tire is you did. Camaro 5 forum has schematics of how they wired them in.
Im going to do a search over there and try to compare it to our trucks to see if its the same, or at least similar.

Originally Posted by bdubb
My whipple kit came with a MSD voltage booster (forget the exact name) but it appears to work. At least I have not ran out of pump yet.

I'd prefer to go with the dual CTSV pumps though if I was doing a mild build.
bdubb, do you have the wiring diagram from your kit of how it was installed? I assume you have the NNBS, or at least hope so it would be the same on mine to wire in...
Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, had the truck on a rack this morning and I do have a FPCM. It sits to the left of the spare tire. I contacted Racetronix last night and even they said they dont offer anything for the flex trucks. If any of you guys can shoot some pics of how your BAP is wired in, it would help out a lot.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
13 Second Truck Club

say you use a KB BAP
set the variable volt pump setting to 58 psi all the time with a pressure switch on the rail.Pressure switch sees drop in fuel pressure signals the BAP on.
Couldnt use a 12v supply from battery to BAP as main power source and pressure switch as a signal for on/off of BAP

WHY wouldnt this work??
Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Also another question

Will a KB BAP even be the solution?
Is the pump dropping pressure from voltage loss or its just not able of flowing the volume needed?
Seems like if its set to max or a certain PSI it would keep a constant voltage or keep upping voltage to try and obtain the max fuel pressure setting?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

The BAP isnt meant to boost voltage because of a wiring issue. Pumps flow more when they operate at a high voltage (and also produce more heat which shortens their life...), so the BAP raises the voltage to the pump so it flows more. If the wiring is inadequate I would take care of that first.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:00 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Atomic
The BAP isnt meant to boost voltage because of a wiring issue. Pumps flow more when they operate at a high voltage (and also produce more heat which shortens their life...), so the BAP raises the voltage to the pump so it flows more. If the wiring is inadequate I would take care of that first.
There is no wiring issue the truck is a year old.He is unsure how to wire in the boost a pump because of his variable voltage pump on the new trucks.
Also KB claims extended pump life

Quick Reply: Magnavolt or BAP in on NNBS?