FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

magnavolt issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnavolt issues

i recenlty installed a magnavolt on my SS with the 255lph , i know it has a good ground and good power. truck hasnt ran in a couple weeks and yesterday i put it up on the lift and it ran fine, today after working on the exhaust ( didnt touch under the hood) and i went to start it and nada. looked at the fuel press guage and read nothing. so i started narrowing it down and got to the magnavolt. it getting all the singnals it shoul dbe but its not telling the fuel pump to turn on. i did some searching on a few forums and saw that it could be related the a.c pressure switch. I bought this from lingenfelter about 2 months ago . so now i need to know what do i do from here? and does it mean the a/c switch is also shorting out? i need to get the truck running asap so i really dont want to fork out the cash to buy another magnavolt if its going to repeat this again. i also did read that installing a 5 amp fuse from the a/c pressure switch will help fix the problem but where is the backfeeding coming from to the magnavolt? tach wire?
Old 12-25-2006, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

did you try to unplug the switch then try? could always "jump" the plug and bypass the switch and see what happens. did you read the a/c switch diagnostic from the ssr forum?

Last edited by WODY; 12-25-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:13 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I heard that the first couple of batches of Magnavolts had problems and it was better to use a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump. Not sure what the problem was/or if it has been fixed.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

yes i did read it from the ssr forums, it may be one from the first batches, im going to call magna, or lingenfelter tommorrow.

id like to keep the magnavolt since the wiring is all there and it would be easier.i guess the problem is a diode inside the magnavolt itself. i did unplug it and jump it to see if that made fuel press and it did. i know my truck is drivable but i feel alot safer having the magnavolt especailly since i will be spraying a wet shot on the dyno next week .
Old 12-25-2006, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

magnacharger is just a few miles from granatelli. could always set something up while you are down there.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

well got on the horn today with lpe and they are not open until the 2nd, which is bad for me since i need this asap to get it tuned. so i proceed to call magnacharger and there customer rep isnt in until thursday but better than the 2nd , so they said they shoul dbe able to get it out to me then and have it here within a day or so , !! i just wanted to say magnacharger has some good customer service.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

well i spoke way to soon , magnachargers service has sucked. i was told it was going out the 28th to arrive the 29 th . received nothing so i call them back and they arent open until the 2nd which is understandable. i call back the 2nd and ( they never shipped it on thursday ok so it will go out today) so it should arrive on wednesday the 3rd, nope didnt receive it, i call today the 4th and nope they still havent shipped it like they said. im getting really upset here because i have dead lines and i have had to cancel my dyno appointment 3 times now just becasue magnacharger cant ship somethign when they say they will.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Need More N2O Mod

have you tried to contact JPA aka Blownchevy???
Old 01-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

hey 2004SSS check the fuse on the Magnavolt, some of the first batchs like to blow fuses. The new ones come with bigger and better fuses. Just an idea good luck.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Did you get a new MagnaVolt yet? If not you can jump the yellow and grey wires together to bypass the magnaVolt and give me a call. Joe (760)522-8669

Quick Reply: magnavolt issues