FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:23 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meth injection

could someone inform me a little on methanol injection and its benefits, set backs and expense. thanks

i was looking towards to STS but thats like 4k and i could get a 150 shot, 3600 stall and a retune for half that. so what about this meth?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

You would be much better off doing a search in this forum. There is TONS and TONS of info about it in here.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:25 AM

just a bump, i searched the forum and could only ifnd stuff about meth and a radix and stuff i am just really lookin for the basic info about it because i had never heard of it until a fw months ago reading it in here
Old 03-25-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
could someone inform me a little on methanol injection and its benefits, set backs and expense. thanks

i was looking towards to STS but thats like 4k and i could get a 150 shot, 3600 stall and a retune for half that. so what about this meth?

Not going to do a lot with nitrous other than a bit of an octane gain. The nitrous gives some air cooling on it's own which is part of the alky's benefit. Basically I put an alky kit on every forced induction pump gas build I do. It allows more boost/timing on pump gas due to heat absorption and octane boost. A blower motor increases the air temps quite a bit. Also provides additional fueling if you're maxed out on your injectors.

They are starting to use them in high compression street motors for an octane boost. In that respect there would be some benefit, but you usually see them in forced induction setups.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:17 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by camcojb
Not going to do a lot with nitrous other than a bit of an octane gain. The nitrous gives some air cooling on it's own which is part of the alky's benefit. Basically I put an alky kit on every forced induction pump gas build I do. It allows more boost/timing on pump gas due to heat absorption and octane boost. A blower motor increases the air temps quite a bit. Also provides additional fueling if you're maxed out on your injectors.

They are starting to use them in high compression street motors for an octane boost. In that respect there would be some benefit, but you usually see them in forced induction setups.
interesting, what is a typical usage rate of Meth injection?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Moregrip
You really don't use a hole lot. I have mine coming on at 4 pounds of boost, but I think that I will raise it up to about 5. I put the kit on last Sept. and have only gone through about 4 Gal. I run it in my windshield washer container. Its a gallon so your not having to fill it all the time. I haven't really paid much attention but if I had to guess I would say that a gallon of meth lasts at least 5 tanks of gas, But it all depents on how much you get on it. I think that I drive my truck pretty hard. So at 2.50 a gallon for meth I think it is well worth the money and cheap insurance.
Mark
Old 03-25-2006, 10:52 AM

so you can only use meth with boosted motors?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

I don't think you see to much benifit unless it is FI.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:20 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
Moregrip
You really don't use a hole lot. I have mine coming on at 4 pounds of boost, but I think that I will raise it up to about 5. I put the kit on last Sept. and have only gone through about 4 Gal. I run it in my windshield washer container. Its a gallon so your not having to fill it all the time. I haven't really paid much attention but if I had to guess I would say that a gallon of meth lasts at least 5 tanks of gas, But it all depents on how much you get on it. I think that I drive my truck pretty hard. So at 2.50 a gallon for meth I think it is well worth the money and cheap insurance.
Mark
that sounds pretty resonable. What % of meth to water are you running?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 100% Grippy, which I was told by Julio Dom was the best percentage for running higher boost. I'm still on my first 5 gallon container, but in fairness, the truck spent a lot of time sitting in a body shop last year, and I haven't turned on the system since I got it back. Its a pretty small nozzle (15 I think) and a little bit does the trick.

Quick Reply: meth injection