Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also run 100% meth
Old 03-25-2006, 11:30 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I see. I would just be using it for the cooling effect. Not the increase in octane. Sort of like insurance. make sense?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. That's a good plan, because a meth system will help boister a weak fueling system in times of stress but won't make up for a deficient fuel system if that makes any sense lol.

What you will get out of it is more power from the increased timing you can run do to the IAT drop and a little extra timing due to magic meth seems to do with boost. Meth will add some explosive power, and has an octane rating as high as 120 (depending on who you talk to... I've heard 99 - 120). You also may be able to spin the radix harder to make more boost than the IC can cool and make up the differnce with meth.

50/50 givens more cooling, I believe, because water has a higher cooling effect than meth (which is higher than gasoline). Having said that, the craziest stuff I've seen (like 24psi on a stock heads and low end ls1) was on 100% meth at a high rate.

I think if you go with a progressive kit, Grip, and turn it on at 5psi with a low starting point, and let it max out at 10, you'll be able to spin the radix higher than most would expect.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:14 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Yep. That's a good plan, because a meth system will help boister a weak fueling system in times of stress but won't make up for a deficient fuel system if that makes any sense lol.

What you will get out of it is more power from the increased timing you can run do to the IAT drop and a little extra timing due to magic meth seems to do with boost. Meth will add some explosive power, and has an octane rating as high as 120 (depending on who you talk to... I've heard 99 - 120). You also may be able to spin the radix harder to make more boost than the IC can cool and make up the differnce with meth.

50/50 givens more cooling, I believe, because water has a higher cooling effect than meth (which is higher than gasoline). Having said that, the craziest stuff I've seen (like 24psi on a stock heads and low end ls1) was on 100% meth at a high rate.

I think if you go with a progressive kit, Grip, and turn it on at 5psi with a low starting point, and let it max out at 10, you'll be able to spin the radix higher than most would expect.
now that sounds like what I'm after
Old 03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are a couple of things i am not sure of with meth and a radix.

since there is no way to spray after the blower what long term effects does the meth have on the internals of the blower? meth is corrosive to many materials including aluminum.

what are the effects of spraying preblower since the air is still cool. the meth may not vaporize instantly. does it still have similur cooling effects as spraying it into the hot air after the blower?

i do think meth can make up for a good deal of fuel. from my calculations based on the drop in duty cycle when i spray it i think i am running about 200hp worth of meth. i am running 2 15 nozzles with the gain on my kit turned all the way up.

i waited years before geting a meth kit. i just didn't really belive all the hype. now i feel stupid for not doing it sooner. i am able to run an honest 200rwhp more on pump gas. not everyone will see gains like that especialy if your air pump is near it's potential. i gained about 50rwhp by just adding the meth and retuning the fuel. then another 150hp by adding more boost. i tried adding timing and was gaining power there too but found out leaving the timing low and cranking up the boost was the way to get the most power.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The corrosive effects, I'm not sure about. We all have aluminum heads and components, but I've not seen any corrosion issues . I wonder if we are not adding enough meth to the system to cause a problem? What are the methanol fuel racers doing to protect their manifolds and heads?

I know there were a bunch of questions about adding N2O pre-compressor on the radix but didn't follow the discussion.

I think as long as the meth is sprayed into the J-tube, the air will be plenty hot enough to see a good IAT reduction.

So Jim did you just tee of a single pump? Are you running the two jets in the same location or did you tap into the manifold or something? Were your big numbers on pump gas?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:49 PM
what a rush!

I know this may not be the most popular statement, but I am also considering just plain water injection for the cooling effect.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You should talk to Chance at Devils Own Alky injection. There mostly supercharged Grand Prix guys, so there familiar with the supercharger stuff. I read on there site that you could see some increase in boost just from the extra sealing you get in the blower from spraying before it. He told me that he has tried everything you can think of, from strait meth, toluene, xylene, and mixes, and has had the best luck with a 50/50 mix of meth and H20. I got one of their progressive duel nozzle LS1 kit yesterday for my truck and it looks like good stuff. Once I get it put on I will let you guys know what I think of it.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by kbracing96
You should talk to Chance at Devils Own Alky injection. There mostly supercharged Grand Prix guys, so there familiar with the supercharger stuff. I read on there site that you could see some increase in boost just from the extra sealing you get in the blower from spraying before it. He told me that he has tried everything you can think of, from strait meth, toluene, xylene, and mixes, and has had the best luck with a 50/50 mix of meth and H20. I got one of their progressive duel nozzle LS1 kit yesterday for my truck and it looks like good stuff. Once I get it put on I will let you guys know what I think of it.
interesting. may have to do that
Old 03-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that 50/50 is the preferred mix for higher octane needs and cooling. However, water doesn't compress and depending on how much you spray in that 50/50 mix, you'll start to see reverse effects. This is going on stuff I've read, I'm not the expert. So, at what point does too much water due to the 50/50 mix cause issues? If I'm squirting in 1000ml/min, is a 50/50 mix hurting or helping? Should I goto a 75/25 or 100% meth mix? And it's not 1000ml full spray, I'm pulsing it with the smt6 and it affects a/f by about .7 to 1 pt (richer)

Last edited by hemifever; 03-25-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: meth injection