FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Meth Injection

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnightrider
meth on your tvs wont see much of a iat drop but will allow you to run 3-4 degrees more timing and on a fi setup that 10-13 rwhp per degree. i run 50/50 but subzero windsheild washer fluid is good too

So your saying that 30-40 hp is possible from bumping up timing made possible by the added octane of the meth?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
So your saying that 30-40 hp is possible from bumping up timing made possible by the added octane of the meth?
I'd agree with this...possibly even more - all depends how well tuned it is and how much meth u spray. I also saw some drop in IAT's, but mine were already too high at that time...
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mort
Makes sense, thanks!

I dump mine in on top because I seem to be chicken to raise my AFR on fuel alone. But my resulting AFR is way rich at 9.5 as boost builds. Time for a change in strategy.

At what psi do you bring the boost in an how fast do you ramp it up?
I start spraying at 2psi. Ramps up pretty quick. Alky control kit. **** at 5.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigCountryx
And more if you run 100% meth and a large amount of meth.

You definitely need to tune for the meth or you are basically going to run pig rich and waste power. The trade of is that if you run out of meth, you have to resist the urge to boost -- at *all*
Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
12 Second Truck Club

This is becoming very tempting... another 40 hp for 500 bucks sounds like a fair deal to me. That and a couple more lbs of boost, a cam... and I'll be on my way I'm looking at using my windshield washer resevoir so i can utilize the low level inicator and keep the engine compartment uncluttered. Sound ok?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Subscribed! Going with meth eventually so I can pulley down to about 10psi safely. And I'm thinking of doing the windshield washer tank too, for the low level light and large capacity of it.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question, do yall use the MAF or the manifold pressure to trigger the progressive spray? What are the pro's and con's of each, specifically for a positive displacement blower? BigCountryX, I don't mean to hog, but I thought this would apply to you as well
Old 10-05-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
And more if you run 100% meth and a large amount of meth.

You definitely need to tune for the meth or you are basically going to run pig rich and waste power. The trade of is that if you run out of meth, you have to resist the urge to boost -- at *all*
+1 i have my pump pull from my washerfluid tank so the DIC tells me when its low. Also i have a led that is next to my wideband that lights up when the pump comes on. So i know at all times when its spraying. If you wot without meth with the added timing you will pop you motor. A buddy of mine even has his setup on a siren if its not spraying it will sound. You must tune for it or you are actually gonna run pig rich and you will loose HP
Old 10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Question, do yall use the MAF or the manifold pressure to trigger the progressive spray? What are the pro's and con's of each, specifically for a positive displacement blower? BigCountryX, I don't mean to hog, but I thought this would apply to you as well
my snow kit comes on with boost I dont have a maf. Its a progressive setup at 2 psi its sprays a small amount and at 6 psi its spraying all its got.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

you can easily drill and thread into the factory tank. Thats how mine is done, And it starts around 2psi and full around 7 psi.

Quick Reply: Meth Injection