FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Meth Mixure. Heet?? !!!CHIME IN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth Mixure. Heet?? !!!CHIME IN!!!

i went to walmart and found the heet products and for the mixure of meth injection there was a yellow heet bottle and a red iso heet. Now which one of these do i use or can i use to mix with the windshield washer fluid. the yellow one was for fuel injection gas line and the red iso heet was fuel injection, gas but the difference between the 2 is the red one can be used for diesel and 2 cycle
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The yellow bottle of Heet is 99% methanol. That's the one that you want. The red bottle is mostly isopropal (s?) alcohol.

I just got a hydrometer and have started measuring the alky % in mine. Wal Mart -20deg windshield washer fluid runs about 30-32% methanol.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

our -20 fluid is 40% so i only add 1 can of heet (autozone 1.09) to get a 50/50 mix!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBlackAv
our -20 fluid is 40% so i only add 1 can of heet (autozone 1.09) to get a 50/50 mix!
Who do you mean by our?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So what exactly does adding more meth get you? Higher octane rating?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scott Mills
Who do you mean by our?

All of us Avalanche FI guys use the -20* washer fluid and a mixture of heet... With my Alcometer I use 2 bottles of methyl alcohol (yellow heet bottle) to one gallon washer fluid....BBA was refering to his brand (Autozone) as starting with a 40% methyl alcohol content.... 1 bottle of heet adds about 7%-8% per gallon... The water provides the means to help IAT temps where the methyl alcohol adds about 1 AFR point to my PE values (measured by wideband) by spraying this mixture at full spray with a 150 psi pump and 625ml/min nozzle.....Mainly used in my application to help a 12 psi non-intercooled centrifugal blower stay below my IAT timing thresholds...

Hope this helps...
Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd run (and do) 100% meth. The benefit of the 50% water is a little bit lower IAT and cost at the expense of power.

Washer fluid has detergents, dyes, and scents and all kinds of yechy stuff in it... You should have seen my pistons after running that stuff for 3 months... Any race shop can get you meth much cheaper than the buy heet and washer fluid.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

thanx guys i'll buy a pack of yellow heet then so that i can have extra. cant wait to install the meth kit. i just wanna gain all my top end back. so is a 1.77 60ft good for a silverado ecsb and going by the 60ft what should be my ET with methanol
Old 08-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whoopassracer
thanx guys i'll buy a pack of yellow heet then so that i can have extra. cant wait to install the meth kit. i just wanna gain all my top end back. so is a 1.77 60ft good for a silverado ecsb and going by the 60ft what should be my ET with methanol

http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

All kind of calculators there....

As far as the mix of meth.... My non-intercooled truck is set up to use the meth for the chemical intercooling. The 60# injectors do a fine job all by their self for fueling... as far as damage to pistons.. I don't buy that at all... the water is turned into steam in the intake and helps with removing heat...any byproducts in the mix are completely burned away in the process....it actually helps in reducing carbon buildup.... and I have run this mixture for nearly a year at 12 psi with absolutely zero issues...And know many that have had the same results....
Old 08-05-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FlaBouy
All of us Avalanche FI guys use the -20* washer fluid and a mixture of heet... With my Alcometer I use 2 bottles of methyl alcohol (yellow heet bottle) to one gallon washer fluid....BBA was refering to his brand (Autozone) as starting with a 40% methyl alcohol content.... 1 bottle of heet adds about 7%-8% per gallon... The water provides the means to help IAT temps where the methyl alcohol adds about 1 AFR point to my PE values (measured by wideband) by spraying this mixture at full spray with a 150 psi pump and 625ml/min nozzle.....Mainly used in my application to help a 12 psi non-intercooled centrifugal blower stay below my IAT timing thresholds...

Hope this helps...
yup...me too...

Quick Reply: Meth Mixure. Heet?? !!!CHIME IN!!!