FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Meth System Layout and Decission

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meth System Layout and Decission

Ok guys, I going to be getting a Meth set up in the next month and I would like some help deciding on which set up for my truck. I know there are threads on this and i have read some of them but, i want deciding for one for MY truck.

I am stuck between the Snow Performance Stage 1 or Stage 2 system, I will install a larger tank for either one.

I am currently running a Livernois Turbo System @ 10lbs of boost on my stock 5.3L. The motor is going to probably going stay stock until it blows or I decide to pull it and modify it some day. So, I am leaning towards the Stage 2 Meth kit so that I will have future expansion room…

Another question is where to mount the Meth Injector on the intake piping? Attached is a Masterful MSPaint Blueprint of my turbo system layout…
Attached Thumbnails Meth System Layout and Decission-motorlayout.jpg  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord Aries
Ok guys, I going to be getting a Meth set up in the next month and I would like some help deciding on which set up for my truck. I know there are threads on this and i have read some of them but, i want deciding for one for MY truck.

I am stuck between the Snow Performance Stage 1 or Stage 2 system, I will install a larger tank for either one.

I am currently running a Livernois Turbo System @ 10lbs of boost on my stock 5.3L. The motor is going to probably going stay stock until it blows or I decide to pull it and modify it some day. So, I am leaning towards the Stage 2 Meth kit so that I will have future expansion room…

Another question is where to mount the Meth Injector on the intake piping? Attached is a Masterful MSPaint Blueprint of my turbo system layout…
You will need to install the nozzle after your Maf sensor. MAF wires can be damaged by meth.. TO aid in you seeing the temp benefit of meth, move your IAT sensor from the the maf to the intake.
We use a sensor off of a camaro and just rerouted the 2 air temp wires. Recommend if you do this leave about 3 inches of wires at the MAF so later in life they can be returned.
As far as the SNOW product I do not know much about them. We offer the FJO product.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have a part # for the Camaro Sensor and a pic of where it mounts?

I have never seen the FJO kit, how much do they run? They seem to have a lot of options... Here is a link to the Stage 2 Snow kit for comprassion to the FJO, it usualy runs about $389. http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=8
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lord Aries
Do you have a part # for the Camaro Sensor and a pic of where it mounts?

I have never seen the FJO kit, how much do they run? They seem to have a lot of options... Here is a link to the Stage 2 Snow kit for comprassion to the FJO, it usualy runs about $389. http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=8
Sorry not sure of the pn number, it came off a junked car. We machine a plug that takes the place of the egr hole in the side of the intake. I just machined it more to accept that temp sensor. And since its inside the intake you can monitor the real air temp going into the engine. I will try to find you some pics.

The FJO will cost a more, and does not come with that little tank. With the FJO you can create a curve boost vs rpm, not just boost referenceing for the injection amount of mixutre. If you are at 10psi @ 2000rpms you will need a different amount of mixture @ 6500rpms for the same boost.
The FJO unit comes with a solenoid so no worries about siphoning water while lightly cursing.
Here is the link to there download page
You can down load the software and check it out.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do some readin gon it, thanks...

As for the sensor, that would't work for me anyways since i do not have EGR on my 2003 AV... Hopefully some of the other guys here who maybe done something similar will chime in... Maybe i should use this as justification to do the Vic Jr. Intake swap!!!! hehe then i could have a spot machine into the intake for the temp sensor...
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Truck Sponsor

Naw, you can drill a hole and just thread a air temp sensor in. The intake I think has the spot where the egr stuff could have gone if not, any flat area will work. Just need to get the sensor into the air flow.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
We machine a plug that takes the place of the egr hole in the side of the intake. I just machined it more to accept that temp sensor.
Any pics of this? Do you guys sell these?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I run the stage 2 snow perf. kit on mine. Don't buy the MAF kit just the normal stage 2 plumb the nozzle right before your throttle body. I'm running a radix at almost 10psi and My IAT was moved to the intake when I installed my radix, but moving it to the intake for you is the best idea. Everyone I know uses snow or ALKY. I like to snow kit its, very easy to install.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

alkycontrol sells a kit that runs off of the MAP sensor. that way you don't have to be concerned with what rpm you are at. I'm going with that one. it's about $500 I think

Quick Reply: Meth System Layout and Decission