FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Methenol injection with air to water intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meth evaporates fast. I think you'll lose a lot of the effect of meth injection spraying it through an i/c.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
This month I drove to Texas and back (3700 miles) I carried a 5 gal gas can with meth just in case, I was going to a truck show and Race, Did 5 1/4 mile runs and didn't have to put any Meth in. And I am spraying alot.
How is everyone not going though a lot of meth with these setups???? We are going through like it is going out of style. We are going through the meth faster than fuel. We can make a run to the city and back and go through a gallon of the mixture. We have the Snow Performance kit running the pump wide open with 625ml nozzle and spraying at 5psi. The truck runs like a beast with this setup but goes through the meth faster than we though it would the way everyone on here talks. Oh well, it is worth it!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

i run a 50/50 mix of water and meth and it works great!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Danville, Do you have your nozzels installed behind the throttle body?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Launching!

I have a meth plate behind the TB. The recommended place is a bend within 12" of the front of the TB. That will give you good flash results and still have a good meth mix by the time it hits the cylinder. I went with the plate because of safety reasons. Since the hemi throttlebody shaft isn't sealed, anything you spray in front of the tb will enter the shaft motor. Snow Performance talked with me about this awhile back and entertained a plate system as well but the cost was too much for their basic kit. I have only seen two throttlebody failures due to gas in the shaft motor so it's not a common thing.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
where are you introducing the meth inj?
I 2nd that...he asks "between the blower and IC...how are you doing that?
No matter where, I would like to see some pics of meth installs w/ Radix.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay...This setup is with a Paxton centrifical blower and a Vortech intercooler. The intercooler is mounted in front of my throttle body. I then have a 12" piece of piping, with one 90 degree bend in it, where my SnowPerformance w/m injectors are mounted, which then attach to the output side of my blower. What my question is, is should I inject my w/m through the water/air intercooler, or after it behind the throttle body?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor

Here is a pic of his set up.
Attached Thumbnails Methenol injection with air to water intercooler-jerry.jpg  
Old 07-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Launching!

Have you talked to GSM to see if they've done any tests of spraying a wet mix through the i/c?

My thought would be to run it like you have it (through the i/c). With the smt6/injector setup you can pulse your fuel to a lower a/f. It's amazing what an 11.2 a/f will do with cooling characterstics. Make some short burst runs to get EGT baselines. Then introduce your meth injection and see what your EGT's do. You may have to back off the fuel a little when you do this. After you make some runs, pull the i/c and look for puddling. If your EGT's stay in a comfortable zone and you're not puddling the i/c run it for a while and recheck.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With GSM's fantasitc customer service lately, it would take another 7 mo. to get an answer. lol Fever, I love your injector plate. We have a modified throttle body spacer we could use to place the nozzle's behind the throttle body. I'm just looking for the extra intercooling effect by injecting the w/m through the intercooler and if anyone has done this and what I might expect with the good or the bad.

Quick Reply: Methenol injection with air to water intercooler