FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Modular Whipple Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modular Whipple Kit

So i noticed that whipple is selling all of the core parts needed to build a Whipple s/c for any application. All that is needed is engineering and custom fabrication on the user's end to get the kit to fit (then tuning, etc)

I was wondering if anybody has gone this route? I'm wanting to ditch the Eaton MP90 that's on my truck now, and build my own Whipple kit. Note, i already have a full EMS that i could use for tuning.

Looking to get information on where I can have a custom intake manifold, intercooler setup, elbow/runner to the TB, etc built.

Any tips? Past experience?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RunnitHard
So i noticed that whipple is selling all of the core parts needed to build a Whipple s/c for any application. All that is needed is engineering and custom fabrication on the user's end to get the kit to fit (then tuning, etc)

I was wondering if anybody has gone this route? I'm wanting to ditch the Eaton MP90 that's on my truck now, and build my own Whipple kit. Note, i already have a full EMS that i could use for tuning.

Looking to get information on where I can have a custom intake manifold, intercooler setup, elbow/runner to the TB, etc built.

Any tips? Past experience?
Building and intake is a very time consuming thing. Depending on how you build it and it's style. What engine package are you using?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Truck Sponsor

Also look at magnuson stuff. We have used them on 2 different builds.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Building and intake is a very time consuming thing. Depending on how you build it and it's style. What engine package are you using?
Haven't really looked at a particular package as I know it will have to be torn apart.

Was looking at piecing it together (blower, snout, bypass valve/actuator, etc), then having a shop build an adapter with integrated air/water intercooler to bolt up to the current intake manifold, or replacing it completely with a full replacement setup.

I'm leaning towards the W140AX, which is the 2.3L blower. Hoping that its not going to be too large for a 4.0L v6. The only other option is the W100AX, which is just a tit-hair larger then the MP90 i'm running now. But I guess I could run that, as I would be able to run more boost out of it.

Here is a pic of the OEM intake manifold. I feel that it would be for the best to have a new one built, and incorporate an intercooler.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Truck Sponsor

Run the largest blower you can fit in the space allowed.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

that intake manifold doesnt seem to bad to replicate. the bottom looks flat so should be able to be easily machined. find a retired or unemployeed machinist/fabricator.. since there are tons now.. and you should be able to do that. you could also modify a stock on to work but prob wouldn't look as good. i love the satisfaction of making something myself instead of buying it.