FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

MP122H Dyno Numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
this is a 5.7L LS1, he jumped 2 psi with just the blower swap....the notes on the dyno sheet about the pulley sizes are incorrect . The IAT's (I have been told) were in the 134-140 range at 13.5 psi, this was 45* over ambient (again I have been told). The one thing you need to look at is this is on a STOCK LS1, with cats and 3 mufflers. The gains on a 6.0 LQ4 would be greater.
Help me understand the type of belt setup here. How would you combat belt slip to run more boost? allready running a 2.9 inch pulley.
I'm afraid on a heads and cam setup with good exhaust it still wont be able to move enough air.
I dont see larger gains on the LQ4, your starting out with less hp with one already.
Would have been nice to see boost gains from blower only,the addition of the 90mm throttle body i'm sure contributed to some boost gain, even if a very small amount.
Not bashing, I just have some questions. Can the rear belt setup on the blower be reconfigured so a larger front pully could be run?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:39 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ranwalk
Help me understand the type of belt setup here. How would you combat belt slip to run more boost? allready running a 2.9 inch pulley.
I'm afraid on a heads and cam setup with good exhaust it still wont be able to move enough air.
I dont see larger gains on the LQ4, your starting out with less hp with one already.
Would have been nice to see boost gains from blower only,the addition of the 90mm throttle body i'm sure contributed to some boost gain, even if a very small amount.
Not bashing, I just have some questions. Can the rear belt setup on the blower be reconfigured so a larger front pully could be run?
Overdrive the rear, 8 rib pulley system, or a larger crank pulley. Any, or all of the above would work well.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 122 has already made 760hp on a 402 on an engine dyno, should be plenty capable of feeding a heads cam engine.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

THere are aftermarket balancers available to help with that issue. One could also start messing with the rear ratio of the blower drive pullies to get some more boost. I dont see a stock ls1 taking more than 13.4 psi for an extended amount of time
I guess the 760+ HP than has already been made on a 402 must be fiction then.....more than enough air to make that motor run. The MP122HH will split a H/C LQ4 like no joke if given the chance.
Lower compression motor, slightly bigger bore will allow for more timing to be run.
would be a waste of time to try and feed the 122 with a 78mm TB that is why this test was done this way.
Thats why these boards are here, so questions can be answerd. What you need to remember is this is first real world data, Richard is a GREAT tuner and he stated that with some more injector the HP gains would have been even better. Your blower is only as good as your supporting hardware.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I guess the 760+ HP than has already been made on a 402 must be fiction then.....more than enough air to make that motor run. The MP122HH will split a H/C LQ4 like no joke if given the chance.
Thanks for the responses, I'm good with all of them but that one.
No need to bring the smart *** out in you Lets all remember the 402 was a high compression engine on 100 octane gas and those were flywheel numbers. And it made 759.5hp, not 760+hp, thats right, I used the search button,lol

LS2 402
10.8:1
9.4 psi
100 octane
MP122H Beta
Dart 225 out of the box
Crane 236/246 @ 50 114
SCAT Rotating Assembly
UMI 90MM TB
Speed Density W/ Big Stuff

I want to know, what HP is the 122 rated for? My D1SC is rated for a max of 925hp.
I'm still having a hard time believing if I were to build a 9.1 cr 6.0, put a nice cam in it, some ported heads with a really good exhaust that the 122 will bring out the peak potential of it. Would it feed enough air to show 15psi through a forged heads/cam 6.0 engine with lower cr?
All I hear is it has more than enough to give. If turbos and procharger can rate there compressors at certain hp limits then certainly Magnacharger can.
Tell me how much it can support and shut me up please
Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Well, we got a chance to do some tuning today. Below is the before and after dyno for my car. The injectors (42lb) are at 94% duty cycle, and fuel pressure is steady at 50psi at wot. Below are the mods I had before, and what I have now.

The mods that did not change:
-Full 2.5" dual exhaust into a 2-1 muffler at the rear.(3 mufflers, 2 cats)
-Fuddle 3200 stall converter
-K&N Cone Filter

This is what I had before in addition to the above mods.
-MP112 1:1 rear ratio, 2.9" pulley on the front (11.5 psi)
-Stock throttle body ported
-Stock descreened maf

This is what I have now in addition to the mods up top.
-MP122 1:1 rear ratio, 2.9" pulley on the front (13.5psi)
-UMI 90mm throttle body
-GM 85mm MAF
-Magnavolt

This is a stock engine, stock manifold, stock tranny car. Here is the before and after.

434/460 before
485/456 after

I'm sure some people will be happy, and others dissapointed. Post up what you feel, I'm sure Magnuson will be listening. I have tried to be as straight forward, and honest as possible, as not to sway anyone's opinion. For me, this blower is great. The car pulls very hard, and I'm sure the MPH will be there at the drag strip as well. I should have timeslips on the 23rd.

Congrats on your gains brother! Nothing wrong with ending up in the + column

Looks like you could use some more injector and/or fuel pressure. I see the 122 was still on the up swing at 6500rpm. I bet long tubes and a cam are looking mighty good at this point. Enjoy the added POWA!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super nice numbers! 50psi for fuel? Man, that seems really low.

Congrats

Bill
Old 09-11-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the responses, I'm good with all of them but that one.
No need to bring the smart *** out in you Lets all remember the 402 was a high compression engine on 100 octane gas and those were flywheel numbers. And it made 759.5hp, not 760+hp, thats right, I used the search button,lol

LS2 402
10.8:1
9.4 psi
100 octane
MP122H Beta
Dart 225 out of the box
Crane 236/246 @ 50 114
SCAT Rotating Assembly
UMI 90MM TB
Speed Density W/ Big Stuff

I want to know, what HP is the 122 rated for? My D1SC is rated for a max of 925hp.
I'm still having a hard time believing if I were to build a 9.1 cr 6.0, put a nice cam in it, some ported heads with a really good exhaust that the 122 will bring out the peak potential of it. Would it feed enough air to show 15psi through a forged heads/cam 6.0 engine with lower cr?
All I hear is it has more than enough to give. If turbos and procharger can rate there compressors at certain hp limits then certainly Magnacharger can.
Tell me how much it can support and shut me up please
Im not saying anything bad about magnacharger I think they make a reliable quality product but the compression on that 402 helps make up for the blowers lacking. If it had lower compression it would have been a different story. I agree with you I would find it hard to believe that it would live up to its potential with 225+ heads and big exhaust I doubt youd see 15psi. With enough restriction you can make huge psi readings but the test is with a motor moving alot of air.
My .02
Old 09-11-2006, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The way I see it is the MP122H is performing better. As well as we would like to justify $2500 is the question.

Same size pulley 2.9 netted 2 psi more boost. Indication of increased airflow. The addition of front end intake changes does skew this a bit. 2 psi boost should net ~ 40hp.

IAT drop of about 10* indication of improved efficency at higher boost levels.

Guess I will have to wait and see more setups before I jump on it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see a test on this. Thanks for posting it up.

Quick Reply: MP122H Dyno Numbers.