FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

MP122H Dyno Numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ranwalk
Thanks for the responses, I'm good with all of them but that one.
No need to bring the smart *** out in you Lets all remember the 402 was a high compression engine on 100 octane gas and those were flywheel numbers. And it made 759.5hp, not 760+hp, thats right, I used the search button,lol

LS2 402
10.8:1
9.4 psi
100 octane
MP122H Beta
Dart 225 out of the box
Crane 236/246 @ 50 114
SCAT Rotating Assembly
UMI 90MM TB
Speed Density W/ Big Stuff

I want to know, what HP is the 122 rated for? My D1SC is rated for a max of 925hp.
I'm still having a hard time believing if I were to build a 9.1 cr 6.0, put a nice cam in it, some ported heads with a really good exhaust that the 122 will bring out the peak potential of it. Would it feed enough air to show 15psi through a forged heads/cam 6.0 engine with lower cr?
All I hear is it has more than enough to give. If turbos and procharger can rate there compressors at certain hp limits then certainly Magnacharger can.
Tell me how much it can support and shut me up please
So what you are saying is the MP122 will not feed a forged 6.0 (360ci) 9.1, but it can feed a 402 10.8 motor with 9.4 psi without even trying. The cubic inches should be the first indication that the blower could do what you are asking. A MP112 can feed a FORD 8.x CR 5.4L with 14 psi all day long.....

I am not sure what the blower is rated at for HP, what you have to remember is this blower comes out of the OE from EATON and is used by Magna Charger for the aftermarket. The information you are looking for will come with time and testing, if I had to guess the HP number would be 750-800 FWHP.

I remember reading 500 rwhp was not obtainable out of a MP112 a year back, now look where we are.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Moderator / Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ranwalk
Thanks for the responses, I'm good with all of them but that one.
No need to bring the smart *** out in you Lets all remember the 402 was a high compression engine on 100 octane gas and those were flywheel numbers. And it made 759.5hp, not 760+hp, thats right, I used the search button,lol

LS2 402
10.8:1
9.4 psi
100 octane
MP122H Beta
Dart 225 out of the box
Crane 236/246 @ 50 114
SCAT Rotating Assembly
UMI 90MM TB
Speed Density W/ Big Stuff

I want to know, what HP is the 122 rated for? My D1SC is rated for a max of 925hp.
I'm still having a hard time believing if I were to build a 9.1 cr 6.0, put a nice cam in it, some ported heads with a really good exhaust that the 122 will bring out the peak potential of it. Would it feed enough air to show 15psi through a forged heads/cam 6.0 engine with lower cr?
All I hear is it has more than enough to give. If turbos and procharger can rate there compressors at certain hp limits then certainly Magnacharger can.
Tell me how much it can support and shut me up please
I will have more data soon as I work on the next MP122H application. The blower looks to be a promising addition and I don't doubt its ability to spin higher and support a larger motor.

Regardless, what good is a PSI rating? Is boost pressure not just a function of restriction? Will changing a cam profile and exhaust system not effect it? Then how is runnig "15 PSI" indicating anything. Look at this scenario for a moment:
A stock internals, stock displacement motor with stock exhaust with a blower shows 15 PSI.
A lower compression, blower heads / cam motor, with aftermarket LT headers and dual 3" exhaust shows 13 PSI on the same blower.

Is that a bad thing? Are we not looking for the HP number not the boost pressure? A drop in boost pressure is not going to equate to power loss in this scenario.

Richard
Old 09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of you guys are talking about new injectors and more fuel pressure helping out - if he is not maxing out the current injectors and is not running lean how would that add anything? Not being a smartass, just asking because I would like to know the rationale behind the comments.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by thunder550
All of you guys are talking about new injectors and more fuel pressure helping out - if he is not maxing out the current injectors and is not running lean how would that add anything? Not being a smartass, just asking because I would like to know the rationale behind the comments.

he is maxing out the current injectors.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:27 PM
High on diesel fumes

But he is still able to support the target AFR....
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
blownerator

with his current set up yes, but you add one more pound of boost or some more timing and its done. This is tuned to the maximum potentail of the current injectors, that is it. There is no more in them. That being said, with some bigger injectors, fuel pump, and some more tuning time there is some power power on the table for the STOCK LS1 in that car.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Normally boost pressure to me isn't all that important because as Richard pointed out, pressure is caused by restriction. In this case the engine was the same with the only veriable being the blower which makes the restriction the same. The larger blower also had less intake restriction in having a 90mm throttle body to draw the air through. With the Radix style blower this is a big deal since the intake side is where the throttle body/restriction is compared to a centrifugal where the restriction is where the boost is and therefore less important. With the gain only being 2psi, I was also expecting more. If the 112 had also been equipped with the 90mm, I feel the boost level would have been closer. I do feel that the dyno is showing the part that the 112 is lacking. In the upper rpm, the 112 doesn't efficiently produce the big cfm. In my opinion I feel the gains on this are going to be shown mostly at the track where the 112 would show issue's. Anyone running a 112 with a smaller pulley has likely noted very high IAT's by about mid track and unacceptable IAT's by the time they cross the traps. If the 122 can run the whole quarter with even half of the IAT increase as the 112, there will be some noticable gains that aren't going to show up on dyno paper. If dyno sheets directly effected track times, the STS trucks would be much more impressive.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Moderator / Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fuel curve is by no means OPTIMAL ... it is a compromise to make the car safe for the parts it currently has on it. The injectors are still running at 95% duty cycle at peak and the A/F rapidly runs leaner as the fuel pressure continues to drop. A 10 PSI drop in fuel pressure and .75 change in A/F over 500 rpm show that this set-up does NOT support the target A/F.

The car is safe but the fueling is not up to par for sustained and consistant power delivery.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by oxidizr
The fuel curve is by no means OPTIMAL ... it is a compromise to make the car safe for the parts it currently has on it. The injectors are still running at 95% duty cycle at peak and the A/F rapidly runs leaner as the fuel pressure continues to drop. A 10 PSI drop in fuel pressure and .75 change in A/F over 500 rpm show that this set-up does NOT support the target A/F.

The car is safe but the fueling is not up to par for sustained and consistant power delivery.
Ok that makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation
Old 09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

The GTO if I recall doesn't have a return type fuel system. In that case injectors are going to be a must. Even on the 112, if the setup were tuned in very well once you drop below the 3.0" pulley the marine 42's are going to have a hard time fueling it if that's what it's using. If that wideband curve is correct, it would also explain the lower rpm difference in torque. The 122 was fed too much fuel down low it appears.

Quick Reply: MP122H Dyno Numbers.