FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

My turn to get Blown R TVS1900

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These blowers look great and all but I personally wouldnt be happy with 6#s, has anyone confirmed for sure whether or not some of the other roush pulleys and the special puller will work for this.

Wish the wife didnt need a new vehicle otherwise Id probably have one in the mail
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm sure a smaller pulley's can be made or maybe even bought. I know there is a couple company that make press on hubs to make them quick change pulleys. WJ Mark has already offered to make me smaller pulley's, I just need to pull this one off and send it to him. Not sure if or how much smaller you can go with the current snout with out machining it though. Here's the profile difference..

Roush

Maggie

Last edited by kbracing96; 04-16-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any reason to why this couldn't be made to work on an LS1? From what I've seen everything could be converted over. The only thing I notice on install sheets from Magacharger is that on LS1s they supply a new a new valley cover. But they also do for the 03-06 5.3 kits too and you guys seem to be making this work with no clearance issues.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by bo.benson
Any reason to why this couldn't be made to work on an LS1? From what I've seen everything could be converted over. The only thing I notice on install sheets from Magacharger is that on LS1s they supply a new a new valley cover. But they also do for the 03-06 5.3 kits too and you guys seem to be making this work with no clearance issues.
Accessorie spacing is different, the trucks are further away from the block. Only way to make this work on a gto is to go to truck accessories, but I dont think that'll work too well lol.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Accessorie spacing is different, the trucks are further away from the block. Only way to make this work on a gto is to go to truck accessories, but I dont think that'll work too well lol.
So it is for a fact different? I called roush and he looked at some cad drawings and said he was 90% sure it was the same. But 90% is 90%.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbracing96
IDK, it's hard to say unless some one back to backs them on a dyno. I would think pound for pound they would be VERY close since its the same compressor rotors. I think dollar/hp there is a clear winner right now... but these are limited time offer... Maggie will still be there with new units down the road. You'll probably still be able to get these Roush head units though, cuz I think they uses them in other applications as well, just won't be able to get full GM kits once they're gone. Rumor has it there was about 90-100 of them made
I never knew only 90-100 limit. Where'd u hear that, Kyle?
Side note, I loved the edit reason - by Cody.

I'm sure a smaller pulley's can be made or maybe even bought. I know there is a couple company that make press on hubs to make them quick change pulleys. WJ Mark has already offered to make me smaller pulley's, I just need to pull this one off and send it to him. Not sure if or how much smaller you can go with the current snout with out machining it though. Here's the profile difference..

Roush

Maggie

Just cause the S/C is a 1900, doesn't mean your engine stand needs to be from the year 1900. Throw some paint on.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
...I wouldn't be happy with 6#s, has anyone confirmed for sure whether or not some of the other roush pulleys and the special puller will work for this.
Cody, these are limited to 6# boost, & if so why? Like how some snouts can't remove pulley w/o damage (forgot what that was on, L's maybe? or thru lack of pulleys?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I never knew only 90-100 limit. Where'd u hear that, Kyle?
Side note, I loved the edit reason - by Cody.

Just cause the S/C is a 1900, doesn't mean your engine stand needs to be from the year 1900. Throw some paint on.

Cody, these are limited to 6# boost, & if so why? Like how some snouts can't remove pulley w/o damage (forgot what that was on, L's maybe? or thru lack of pulleys?
Well, The "rumor" I heard though my "sources" was Ford threatened to drop Roush is they made anything for GM. That's why the Roush logo was machined off the top of the compressor, that's why these are being dumped at such a low price. 90-100 is just the number I "heard"

6psi on a 6L is about what the current pressed on 3.3" pulley will make. The blower can make more if you can spin it faster with a smaller pulley.

Oh, and my engine stand works Just fine for $50!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, The "rumor" I heard though my "sources" was Ford threatened to drop Roush is they made anything for GM. That's why the Roush logo was machined off the top of the compressor, that's why these are being dumped at such a low price. 90-100 is just the number I "heard"

6psi on a 6L is about what the current pressed on 3.3" pulley will make. The blower can make more if you can spin it faster with a smaller pulley.

Oh, and my engine stand works Just fine for $50!
Ohh, I think I do remember readin that (Ford would drop Roush) somewhere, prolly on PT. Kinda silly I think.

Pressed on pulley. I knew I'd figure it out. ha

$50, not bad.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 AM
GFYS and STFU

That snout on the Roush sure looks beefy!!! Nice pick up OP!!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:22 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by Spoolin
That snout on the Roush sure looks beefy!!! Nice pick up OP!!
Thanks! , yes it is " beefy" lots of material.

BTW some great info coming out here, Thanks for your opinions/ pics Kyle. You are just an all around F I guy

Im am in no way shape or form Trying to say this is better or worse than other blowers out there.

Just pointing out it is a great unit, well made kit, great price and great option
for some that can get in on this deal.

I dont feel i ''settled'' for this kit, but got one hell of a smokin deal on a blower!

Quick Reply: My turn to get Blown R TVS1900