FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Need help turbo guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

If your using the stock pcv then it could be crank case oil vapors being blown into the intake and being burned off. What is happening to you happened to me when I first put the turbo system on my 5.3 and didn't modify the stock pcv. That or you have too much oil pressure going to the turbo and your over pressuring the oil seals in the turbo. Or you have a restriction in your oil drain.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what do you recommend I do they sent me A high flow ported oil pump ps. Not trying to avoid you I got free time off youell get them soon
Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 AM
TECH Addict

First setup your pcv system to were its boost friendly. Alot of guys run a aftermarket check valve into a catch can and back into the intake on the driver side and just vent the passenger side to atmosphere. Make sure the oil drain is free flowing With no kinks and make sure its above the oil level. That's fine to have a upgraded oil pump you just might need to run a oil restrictor on the turbo as you might be feeding it too much pressure. Oil restrictors are really cheap. Anyone know what the oil pressure specs are for a turbo?

Last edited by Three6GMC; 03-30-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 AM
TECH Addict

Oil restrictor...

Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am having the same problem
a light smoke under light boost and when I stop I can smell burning oil i have the drive side valve cover vented into the atmosphere passenger side the same way and a filter on the oil cap. I am out of ideas.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

So the top line coming from my intake he has the plugged off and got the intake on the drivers side running to the air filter it looks relly clean but is that intake tub post to be plugged off
Old 03-30-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black04silverado
I am having the same problem
a light smoke under light boost and when I stop I can smell burning oil i have the drive side valve cover vented into the atmosphere passenger side the same way and a filter on the oil cap. I am out of ideas.
Put your driver side like I said before with a check valve and catch can then back into your intake and see if you still have the same problem. I had the same issues you guys did till I did that. With the driver side valve cover plumbed into the intake the motor puts a good vac on the crank case but remember to run a check valve and catch can as it will suck oil in and really smoke out of the tail pipe bad if not.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Maybe some boost guys will chime in and post pics of there pcv setups and what worked for them. To completely get rid of this problem you can also buy a vacuum pump.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
Put your driver side like I said before with a check valve and catch can then back into your intake and see if you still have the same problem. I had the same issues you guys did till I did that. With the driver side valve cover plumbed into the intake the motor puts a good vac on the crank case but remember to run a check valve and catch can as it will suck oil in and really smoke out of the tail pipe bad if not.
Where can i pick up a check valve at ?
do you have any pics of yours?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Someone posted up a good check valve let me see if I can find it. I just used a generic one from advance auto parts. Sorry no pics of how mine was setup. And right now the truck is being put back together so it will be awhile before I can take pics.

Quick Reply: Need help turbo guys