FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

need to make my maggie PURR (6L specific)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to make my maggie PURR (6L specific)

hey guys i know ive posted on this before but im having website issues, i have a 2003 sierra 1500hd 6L 4l80e and maggie radix but it doesnt put out like i want so before i spend a boatload of money on a new tune i want to upgrade a few things and need oppionions.

im planning on installing new: MSD wires, plugs, fuel filter and i want to buy a air intake thinking vararam (any thoughts), long tubes (any thoughts) and i want to redo my fuel system i have a walbro plumbed inline but its startin to make noise so im thinking of putting a bosh 044 inline (any thoughts) and i was wondering what the size of the suction and discharge of the 044 is becasue im pretty sure my 255 is only 1/4 suction and discharge is were i think part of the problem is. please help guys its either this thing starts puttin out or the 6L's comin out lol.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need a set of Long tubes. I really like the stainless OBX ebay ones i bought.

Up the boost.

Stall converter.

shift kit.

Retune

Have fun!

Also a good tune up will help ., Why not put a new intank pump?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

not entirely sure but theres a reason the 2003 needs a second one inline not a better one in the tank......
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever anyone posts for help, I always wondered why they have no mods in sig, & then seem kinda vague in their thread.

Not tryin to be a jerk, but you ( or anyone) gotta give a few specifics.
Your combo is what? Radix, there were how many? 112, 122, 122HH. See my point?

Any numbers, track or dyno? Where are you at for numbers (drag or dyno), where do u wanna be at? Goals.

I'm tryin to help you, & the better u help others w/. description of mods, the better your chance of helpful replies. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

no idea how to do a sig but i have a radix and absolutly no idea how to tell what one, i wanna be around late 12s early 13s in the 1/4 but i haul and pull alot, i have 2-1 3" magnaflow exhause superchips chip the pump i mentioned and thats about it, i mean let me refrase put out the truck is usless it will barly spin tires on gravel and any little tiny hill it drops a gear if not two.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Go to User CP. Edit Signature. I'm not computer saavy, but if I can figure it out.
IDK where ya got your Radix, new or used, but it's probably a 112. Unless the person that sold it told you / knows. They should. I believe the bolts on front of unit tell u if it's a 112 or 122. Pics of that (near snout).
You have along road ahead to hi 12's/ low 13's.

I could barely spin mine, but a recent tune helped that. Custom tune is way better than a "box".

Supporting mods are gonna be needed to get u there. To add power & not break in your quest. At least I think u have a 4L80E, cause I thought 1500 HDs did. What rear gear? Check glovebox. Look for GU6, GT (crap, brain fart, I can't meber the #) but it's 3.73 RPO. There are other axle RPOs.

I'd be careful on spinning em on gravel, esp. if you're comin onto ashphalt. Cause if you're makin contact w/. pavement & it catches just right...Bye bye rear. I've been told that spinning like that where it then catches, will do it. But I don't go on gravel. Or aggressive wet to dry transition, when it all of sudden grabs.

Last edited by fastnblu; 06-10-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justincredible5
not entirely sure but theres a reason the 2003 needs a second one inline not a better one in the tank......
No Sir, A higher flow one in the tank will do what you need.

I had a returnless fuel system on my 04 and just replaced the stock pump with an intank walbro. Worked great.

Im not a fan of inline pumps. They dont get cooled like an intank pump does, shortening their life.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Also, running tank too low, that leads to early demise. Fuel cools. I try to avoid goin below 1/4 tank for that reason. I've been lower, but I try to avoid at all costs, even say 1/8 tank or around there. It happens; I don't recommend it. Keepin gas level up above 1/4 is easy, far easier than a fuel pump & its cost / labor. Ever done an older 5.0 Stang fuel pump? I have. Exactly.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine might crap out the next time I crank my truck, but the inline has been in mine for four years, so they don't necessarily go out over night either. You can check your fuel pressure, but don’t go chasing gremlins that aren’t there either. There are plenty of other items that will need to be addressed to get the max output from the system you already have installed. Everyone automatically say’s tune, but it too I’m sure is fine with your current combination. It’s when you go to making changes, as I’m sure that your about to do or you wouldn’t be here asking these questions, that the tune will have to be addressed.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like to minimize risk, that's all. It might not ever happen (knock on wood).

Quick Reply: need to make my maggie PURR (6L specific)