FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

New Eaton Superchargers! twin four-lobe 160-degree twist rotors!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moregrip
you'll have to call Magnuson on that one
I'm sure their phones are ringing off the hook. I shot them an email... I'll report back what they say

Bill
Old 11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
thats silly talk

Just stand back Watch the action.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

So, this will produce how much boost on a 408ci again?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:29 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
So, this will produce how much boost on a 408ci again?

1 Million Pounds of boost!! AH AH AH!

seriously, I have no idea, Brian probably knows
Old 11-02-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Just stand back Watch the action.
I don't want to have to stand alone with Parish on this one but it looks like I may. Sorry Brian, but I just can't see a charger out doing a turbo, let alone a twin setup that is done right. Don't get me wrong I love the magna's and the regency is no slouch, but... I know and DJ knows that it would be way faster with twins instead of the magna charger. Turbos are about impossible to beat when it comes to all out performance! DJ's truck is bad to the bone but he is scared to drive my Talon because of the way it runs, 385HP at all 4 wheels out of a stock 2.0L 4cyl block with head and bolt on upgrades! He wishes that he would have listened to me when I tryed to get him to do a turbo setup.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:46 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am a turbo guy but people love the blowers. i see people really taking these new blowers to their max potential and if they do the trucks are going to run hard. before no matter what you did to a radix you were going to hit a wall eventualy but the flow numbers on that r1900 are really impresive. i cant wait to see the chart for a r2300.

just a quick crunch of the numbers. the r1900 will flow at least 1200cfm. that is about 900fwhp. after belt loss and driveline loss probably still over 700rwhp.

now a total guess with numbers but the r2300 is 21% larger. add 21% to 900/700 and you end up at ~1100fwhp and ~850rwhp.

it's going to be fun to see what people do with these new units.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:21 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Danville Performance
I don't want to have to stand alone with Parish on this one but it looks like I may. Sorry Brian, but I just can't see a charger out doing a turbo, let alone a twin setup that is done right. Don't get me wrong I love the magna's and the regency is no slouch, but... I know and DJ knows that it would be way faster with twins instead of the magna charger. Turbos are about impossible to beat when it comes to all out performance! DJ's truck is bad to the bone but he is scared to drive my Talon because of the way it runs, 385HP at all 4 wheels out of a stock 2.0L 4cyl block with head and bolt on upgrades! He wishes that he would have listened to me when I tryed to get him to do a turbo setup.

The comparison test between the TT and the new TVS blower was so close it was SICK. Yes overall the TT did out flow the blower (by a small margin), that is the truth. BUT the package that the supercharger provides is far better IMO than a TT set up.....and a lot less in cost.

Before you ask, the test was preformed at the EATON test lab.....
Old 11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that is very good to know, Brian thanks for the great info! You know it always comes down to personal preference more than anything and the Magna setups are some of the cleanest out there bar none. It would be great to see a belt driven charger that can hang with the turbos.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, it is nice to see some new options out for the guys running superchargers. The turbo market is already huge and advancements seem to be made daily. Not too many companies such as EATON that devote so much to supercharger research and development.

Using an old conversion factor(.69) I ran across to convert CFM to hp I came up with ~830+/- fwhp and ~1000fwhp for the 1900 and 2300 respectively. Definately looks like the 2300 will be able to flow enough for 15-20psi or so on a well built 402.

The increase in flow and efficiency of these new blowers over the Gen 5 112 is pretty dramatic.

It will definately be interesting to see once they get into peoples hands.

Way too many factors to compare these to a TT system or vice versa. I'd take either.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Even if the R1900 or R2300 can out flow a turbo setup you will lose at least 100hp to parasidic drag to turn the supercharger at max boost.A turbo setup will always have lower parasidic losses.You CAN build your supercharged combo to maximumize the areas that it has an advantage such as instant throttle response and better drivability,but a comparably sized turbo will always have the edge in peak power.

Last edited by whitt1; 11-03-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: New Eaton Superchargers! twin four-lobe 160-degree twist rotors!