FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

New Front Mount Turbo kit - Nelson Performance -built by Trick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the gauge/thickness of all the tubing?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks like .063. One of the pics shows that marked on the tubing. I'd rather see this kit made out of .083 min, but thats just me
Old 10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran

0.063" is about 16ga.....hmmm...

I guess you could fab up some kind of flexible brace and support for the turbo, because it'll start sag over time depending on how many heat cyceles it goes through. I don't really dig the wastegate location either. It's still a nice kit though.

What exactly is included as far as the turbo oiling goes? Where does it get its supply from and where does it drain?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

opps, looks like .065, my bad
Old 10-18-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey do you have to do any engine mods to with stand all the power or can we just bolt it on and hope for the best.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by nicky g
thats cool but what if i already have a turbo which is a garret t60 turbo and a wastegate of a typhoon can you make another manfold for the passanger side and some piping plus the boots and the hose clamps if you want e-mail me also if you can and give me a price on the parts
hi nicky g,

the host parts are going to run about $2300. IMO, an awesome start to a turbocharged truck. I figure another $500 for a self made intercooler kit and you're ready to push 10psi!!

As for the manifold for your wastegate, I'd have to check that out. The kit is only designed to fit perfectly with the turbo and wastegate that is supplied.

thanks,
allen
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
0.063" is about 16ga.....hmmm...

I guess you could fab up some kind of flexible brace and support for the turbo, because it'll start sag over time depending on how many heat cyceles it goes through. I don't really dig the wastegate location either. It's still a nice kit though.

What exactly is included as far as the turbo oiling goes? Where does it get its supply from and where does it drain?
The oil supply is picked up off the lower driver side where the oil cooler lines connect to the block. the drain back is -8 push loc hose. Its a pretty clean shot to the pan. The pan is drill roughly in the middle 1-2 inches down from the flange, and just forward of the starter.
This is the highest and farthest back I would go. I do recommend while the pan is down go ahead and drill the other side as well and just plug it until twins are needed.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the cmotorsports kit wich was very similur to this one i made 640rwhp with a single t76. this was with a small air to water intercooler.

later i upgraded to a header where the dirvers side didn't plumb thru the pasenger header. it went right to the turbo. with that upgrade and a step up to a 3.5" dp i still dynoed 640rwhp. to me this says i was just out of turbo before.

what i am saying is i see no reason why this kit wont support 700+rwhp with a gts76 and from what i understand any turbo up to a gts76 will bolt right up but might have a slightly larger compresor outlet.

i think anyturbo header will need some matainance over time. the harder you push it and the hotter it gets the sooner it will need a little TLC. the longer primarys look a little funny on that header but i can see how it might help prevent the header from cracking.

there are always people that jump in and complain how the headers or pipes could be done more efficently. looking at my current set up i would have to say i have some of the worst designed headers ever and my wg locations are horriable but guess what. it works prety good. it would be better to spend your time figuring out how you are going to get 700ft/lbs to the ground.

every set up will be a little diferent but from my experience with the non intercooler whipple and several diferent turbo set ups i would say without an intercooler this would be safe to around 6psi. add meth or an intercooler and probably be safe up to about 10psi. add both and push it to ~14psi.

with the little 62 turbo it should spool real fast and probably max out around 500rwhp if turned up. i dont think the stock injectors will even carry things to 6psi but the stock fuel pump will hold to over 400rwhp.

it would be great to see more guys around here with front mount turbo kits on their trucks.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

so how long do you think it will take for the pass, side manifold to break apart under the weight and stress of the turbo and down pipe weight? stainless steel will break and crack.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parish8
with the cmotorsports kit wich was very similur to this one i made 640rwhp with a single t76. this was with a small air to water intercooler.

later i upgraded to a header where the dirvers side didn't plumb thru the pasenger header. it went right to the turbo. with that upgrade and a step up to a 3.5" dp i still dynoed 640rwhp. to me this says i was just out of turbo before.

what i am saying is i see no reason why this kit wont support 700+rwhp with a gts76 and from what i understand any turbo up to a gts76 will bolt right up but might have a slightly larger compresor outlet.

i think anyturbo header will need some matainance over time. the harder you push it and the hotter it gets the sooner it will need a little TLC. the longer primarys look a little funny on that header but i can see how it might help prevent the header from cracking.

there are always people that jump in and complain how the headers or pipes could be done more efficently. looking at my current set up i would have to say i have some of the worst designed headers ever and my wg locations are horriable but guess what. it works prety good. it would be better to spend your time figuring out how you are going to get 700ft/lbs to the ground.

every set up will be a little diferent but from my experience with the non intercooler whipple and several diferent turbo set ups i would say without an intercooler this would be safe to around 6psi. add meth or an intercooler and probably be safe up to about 10psi. add both and push it to ~14psi.

with the little 62 turbo it should spool real fast and probably max out around 500rwhp if turned up. i dont think the stock injectors will even carry things to 6psi but the stock fuel pump will hold to over 400rwhp.

it would be great to see more guys around here with front mount turbo kits on their trucks.
So true...

and Turbo Technologies built a similar setup (to the one mentioned here) for the F-Body's... although I haven't been paying much attention but TTi seems to get a little love for their street kit (amongst their other GENIII kits) on LS1Tech FI.

Bill

Last edited by billreid1@cox.net; 10-19-2006 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply: New Front Mount Turbo kit - Nelson Performance -built by Trick Performance