FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

New Radix Project(8rib conversion)........w/pics :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet setup there grippy
Old 03-25-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Very nice man! Moregrip for moregrip. It's about time somebody did an 8 rib setup. I'm glad to see you're going about it the right way too. I must say though, it looks like you have some serious wrenching time ahead of you. So will you be using the pining kit on the new 8" pulley? So you're going to have the flat keyway groove in it, in addition to two round pin grooves in it?

So when the two extra ribs were added, were they both added to the front or back of all the pulleys or was one rib added to the back and one to the front? I've never really noticed the kind of room that's available for that. Maybe Magnuson will offer this as an upgrade like the centrifi kits do.

So what's next...a cogged setup?
Old 03-25-2006, 04:16 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MNC5
A plastic retainer in the snout kept breaking on mine at those speeds. They wouldn't last a week in mine, good luck

Thats strange....Must have been something wrong with the set up, there are quite a few people spinning up to about 18.5K.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Nice line of bullshrt,,,I'm sure it was my fault

Last edited by MNC5; 03-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:26 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Very nice man! Moregrip for moregrip. It's about time somebody did an 8 rib setup. I'm glad to see you're going about it the right way too. I must say though, it looks like you have some serious wrenching time ahead of you. So will you be using the pining kit on the new 8" pulley? So you're going to have the flat keyway groove in it, in addition to two round pin grooves in it?

So when the two extra ribs were added, were they both added to the front or back of all the pulleys or was one rib added to the back and one to the front? I've never really noticed the kind of room that's available for that. Maybe Magnuson will offer this as an upgrade like the centrifi kits do.

So what's next...a cogged setup?
thanks bro. 2 ribs to the outside. They keyway is for the future. The pinning kit will go in now
Old 03-26-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is this available for sale?
Old 03-26-2006, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Nice setup,we've been ussing those pulleys for awhile now on Vette's.They work very good.Be aware that some water pumps need to be clearanced just alittle
Old 03-26-2006, 08:12 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Nice setup,we've been ussing those pulleys for awhile now on Vette's.They work very good.Be aware that some water pumps need to be clearanced just alittle
Thank you
I couldn't let all the vette guys have all the fun I'll be switching to an Evans waterpump which has a 1/2" smaller pulley.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The new setup looks great. If it works out like it is supposed to I guess im going to be spending some more $$$$$!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
The new setup looks great. If it works out like it is supposed to I guess im going to be spending some more $$$$$!
It's been used successfully already, just not in a truck application. Once I'm done with all the fitment issue's, and have some testing completed, I'll be able to give a recommendation. So far this is just a plan, but hopefully it will work out to be a good one

Quick Reply: New Radix Project(8rib conversion)........w/pics :)