FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

nnbs procharger front mount intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for posting the pictures! Just got my shipment of 3.5 inch tubing so I can start the mock up. One other question was that the 3 core intercooler that came with the kit ?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah a 3 core
Old 06-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know this was a long time ago, but wondering what you bolted the the intercooler too? can't readily tell from the pictures

Originally Posted by 08cheyennesc
Found some, I cut some of the tubing that came with the kit, it didn't had the rolled ends but never had a problem at 12 psi.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Old 06-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 06-03-2016, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

^^^^ That looks so much better
Old 06-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Default This

This is the intercooler size you want. It's the biggest and deepest you can fit while utilizing the hood latch and the front grill mounting flush.

Treadstone #TR1245. I think it's a excellent option for the price and built really well for a middle of the road budget IC. It has a unique splitter in the inlets to divert air across the entire IC surface instead of jamming it in there with more turbulence. Does it really work? Not sure but it's a quality piece and rated to over 1k hp. It was recommended to me by another fellow buddy and member on here and it's indeed a solid IC.

Here is the IC and this is where I ordered it directly from. I have NO affiliation with them and hadn't heard of them until my buddy mentioned it, just recommending a solid option!

You will have to fab up your own brackets as the IC does not come with brackets.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=67920&prodname=TR1245+Intercooler+ +1000HP

There's also plenty room underneath to mount a Trans cooler AND a oil cooler.

It's since been all powdercoated crinkle black and the big red race valve mounted including MAF. I'll have to get some pics for you so you can see exactly how it's mounted just as an option.

Last edited by MOBBN; 06-04-2016 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MOBBN
This is the intercooler size you want. It's the biggest and deepest you can fit while utilizing the hood latch and the front grill mounting flush.

Treadstone #TR1245. I think it's a excellent option for the price and built really well for a middle of the road budget IC. It has a unique splitter in the inlets to divert air across the entire IC surface instead of jamming it in there with more turbulence. Does it really work? Not sure but it's a quality piece and rated to over 1k hp. It was recommended to me by another fellow buddy and member on here and it's indeed a solid IC.

Here is the IC and this is where I ordered it directly from. I have NO affiliation with them and hadn't heard of them until my buddy mentioned it, just recommending a solid option!

You will have to fab up your own brackets as the IC does not come with brackets.

TR1245 Intercooler 1000HP- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

There's also plenty room underneath to mount a Trans cooler AND a oil cooler.

It's since been all powdercoated crinkle black and the big red race valve mounted including MAF. I'll have to get some pics for you so you can see exactly how it's mounted just as an option.

Where is the trans cooler? Which is why i mounted mine lower
Old 06-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by setxathlete14
Where is the trans cooler? Which is why i mounted mine lower
Trans cooler is mounted directly under the IC in same fashion. Basically stacked with a very slight forward angle. I'm using a B&M with fan #70297.

The oil cooler I'm using a slick product from improved racing. Another product build like it should be. Extremely impressed. No Mickey Mouse.

http://www.improvedracing.com/improved-racing-oil-coolers/100-series-core-72-row-high-efficiency-oil-cooler-p-591.html

They have a nice deal going now where if you buy their oil adapter with built in thermostat (badass and QUALITY) you get 50% off any of their improved racing oil coolers. I couldnt pass that up. The B&M will suffice but isn't even comparable in quality.

It's their 100 series core 72 row. It's the perfect dimension that mounts at a 45 behind the crossbar exactly like you would see in a new zo6 vette. I'll get pics when I get home Monday. It's all mounted up so you can see exactly how it's in.

Here are the goods. I went with a 10an fittings.

Oil adapter has built in 180 Thermostat. Keeps oil from getting hot but also won't let it cool to much which can also damage

Last edited by MOBBN; 06-04-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MOBBN
Trans cooler is mounted directly under the IC in same fashion. Basically stacked with a very slight forward angle. I'm using a B&M with fan #70297.

The oil cooler I'm using a slick product from improved racing. Another product build like it should be. Extremely impressed. No Mickey Mouse.

100 Series Core, 72-Row High-Efficiency Oil Cooler FHX-172

They have a nice deal going now where if you buy their oil adapter with built in thermostat (badass and QUALITY) you get 50% off any of their improved racing oil coolers. I couldnt pass that up. The B&M will suffice but isn't even comparable in quality.

It's their 100 series core 72 row. It's the perfect dimension that mounts at a 45 behind the crossbar exactly like you would see in a new zo6 vette. I'll get pics when I get home Monday. It's all mounted up so you can see exactly how it's in.

Here are the goods. I went with a 10an fittings.

Oil adapter has built in 180 Thermostat. Keeps oil from getting hot but also won't let it cool to much which can also damage

Thats sweeeeet. Lastly im guess you wemt return style fuel system?

Quick Reply: nnbs procharger front mount intercooler