FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

No supercharger whine???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No supercharger whine???????

I installed my KB today and test drove it and was dissapointed that I couldnt hear the supercharger whine I thought twin screws where loud superchargers I bought the kit used off here when it was off I spun the pully by hand and could see the screws moving and I put my hand over the intake and could hear it pulling air past my hand I have an open air eliment and even with the hood up revving it I cant hear it my truck isnt tuned yet I dont know if that has anything to do with it. I have noticed a good power gain doing some part throttle runs. Is there something wrong with the super charger or is it because I am getting no boost with my cam being 112lsa and open exhaust???
Old 05-24-2008, 11:55 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Hmmm, I dont really hear my SC anymore after the exhaust mods I've done. You may not be going into boost if running a stock set up at low load and partial throttle. Do you have a boost gauge? The 112 cam isn't ideal as you know but I doubt thats the problem.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

i just bought a guage gona hook it up tommarow the tune isnt stock its tuned to the cam i have i ahve a scanner and can see the timming at 20 or so flucuating up and down at idle should i be running into detination problems with that much timing if the charger is producing boost?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

I posted this in another thread but I had a vacuum hose come off once but this was on my radix but it still made good power but i noticed it never whined like it used to and that is how I found the problem. It may be of no help to you whatsoever but just some info.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

STOP

Get the thing tuned for the supercharger before you go out and hammer on it............... Yes you have to worry about detonation.

Your idle timing is not telling us anything about your wideopen timing, if you are only tuned for the cam and not the supercharger then get it retuned NOW. Or start building another motor. Is it intercooled or non intercooled?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I'm Under A Load And Building Boost I Don't Get Much Whine At All Is It A Side Mount Or Center Mount
Old 05-25-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

since putting my new air intake box on yesterday i don't hear mine much at all either, which to me is a good thing. My exhaust on the other hand, jesus. That is loud as hell.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by terravast4
I posted this in another thread but I had a vacuum hose come off once but this was on my radix but it still made good power but i noticed it never whined like it used to and that is how I found the problem. It may be of no help to you whatsoever but just some info.
Il have to check that I havent done a leak check yet so it could be.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
STOP

Get the thing tuned for the supercharger before you go out and hammer on it............... Yes you have to worry about detonation.

Your idle timing is not telling us anything about your wideopen timing, if you are only tuned for the cam and not the supercharger then get it retuned NOW. Or start building another motor. Is it intercooled or non intercooled?
Im not hammering on it only like half throttle and listening for any poping or misfire just sounds like normal exhaust and spinning tires it is non inercooled same side mount KB you have it was for an older model but i adapted it to fit mine my tuner is busy I have a apointment on the 9th I asked them before i installed it if it was ok to drive and they said yes

Originally Posted by 2.6KB
Unless I'm Under A Load And Building Boost I Don't Get Much Whine At All Is It A Side Mount Or Center Mount
Its a side mount

Last edited by 06chevy5.3; 05-25-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: tuner
Old 05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my at WOT whines like a b***h, can't hear the radio

Quick Reply: No supercharger whine???????