FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Not impressed by the "Hype"

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Speaking of belts..........is the crank pulley pinned?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
Speaking of belts..........is the crank pulley pinned?
Damn I bet we all forgot that.. That could be the rest of your HP loss. I know mine was slipping like hell
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The crank was pinned the day before the dyno. The boost never dropped off it continued to climb all the way to the end. Does tq normally drop off like that? Could the wheels/tires (weight) have somthing to do with it?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take that air box off. I never had good results with a Volant, and remember.....the gains that most of us got were on maxed out systems. @ 9psi I bet you would have gained 20 hp more.

EVERY vehicle responds differently to mods, allot depends on the dyno, the operator, the tuner, etc, etc. 40 rwhp and 70 ft pounds is not bad IMHO.

As for another post talking about it not being what they expected, what did you expect a top fuel dragster? These are safe bolt ons OUT OF THE BOX, if you choose to take it further than that its all about the combination. I do not think shaving 1.5-2 seconds off of your stock ET is bad at all....but then what do I know.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03tahoe22
The crank was pinned the day before the dyno. The boost never dropped off it continued to climb all the way to the end. Does tq normally drop off like that? Could the wheels/tires (weight) have somthing to do with it?
I'd check your IAT's from 4,000 rpm on up and see whats going on. Also check the timing commanded in those cells and compare to what you are logging. Any KR? Also, what injectors are you running?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I do not think shaving 1.5-2 seconds off of your stock ET is bad at all....but then what do I know.
You know how to make consistent street-able power in a full package that when tuned correctly and with precautions taken can be opened up to produce impressive results! No
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im running that combination now at ~11 psi not 9psi. No knock. Dont plan on a dragster and that isnt what this is about. Just wanting to know why I didnt get the results that most ppl have posted for the mods I added? Stock run was a 16.9. "1st Run" Radix, e-fans and 55hp wet shot @ 14.2. "2nd Run" New Mods hoping for a 12.9 is that impossible?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03tahoe22
Im running that combination now at ~11 psi not 9psi. No knock. Dont plan on a dragster and that isnt what this is about. Just wanting to know why I didnt get the results that most ppl have posted for the mods I added? Stock run was a 16.9. "1st Run" Radix, e-fans and 55hp wet shot @ 14.2. "2nd Run" New Mods hoping for a 12.9 is that impossible?
If your wanting to "drag Race" .. its more about setup then power... You have good power.. You need some better racing mods like a Stall converter... Trans? Gear? Tire?... Great times BTW !!.. Put a converter in that thing.. Tahoe has 3.73 with 30" tire?....
Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

3.42 G80 Rear. 26" MT ET street Drag radial. Built Bottom end of Tranny. Stock converter. Not a "drag race truck" just a reliable truck I can humiliate mustangs/Harley trucks on the street with and watch they say how did that happen.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blownchevy
take that air box off. I never had good results with a volant, and remember.....the gains that most of us got were on maxed out systems. @ 9psi i bet you would have gained 20 hp more.

Every vehicle responds differently to mods, allot depends on the dyno, the operator, the tuner, etc, etc. 40 rwhp and 70 ft pounds is not bad imho.

As for another post talking about it not being what they expected, what did you expect a top fuel dragster? These are safe bolt ons out of the box, if you choose to take it further than that its all about the combination. I do not think shaving 1.5-2 seconds off of your stock et is bad at all....but then what do i know.
nope did not expect a dragster lol,yea i know there safe out of the box performance,but it was just not enough for my blood.
Ill be faster n/a

BTW HOPE YOU GET YOUR RIDE RUNNING THE WAY YOU WANT AND GET A OPEN FILTER AS WELL,IT WILL SCREAM LOUDER AND BREATH BETTER.FREE UP SOME HP

Quick Reply: Not impressed by the "Hype"