FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Not impressed by the "Hype"

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03tahoe22
Im running that combination now at ~11 psi not 9psi. No knock. Dont plan on a dragster and that isnt what this is about. Just wanting to know why I didnt get the results that most ppl have posted for the mods I added? Stock run was a 16.9. "1st Run" Radix, e-fans and 55hp wet shot @ 14.2. "2nd Run" New Mods hoping for a 12.9 is that impossible?
man, I used to ran 15.25 bone stock, with a 2008 sierra denali awd, Now I run a consistent 13.6 with the maggie at 4 psi I think "no gauge" and the LPE gt2/3 cam, and are really happy with the results, I know my engine is bigger, but come on you used to ran 16.9, and now run 14.2 that`s more than 2 secs of your stock time, I think personally that your truck runs great
Old 02-03-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
That dyno graph looks like a tune that is aggressively pulling timing with IAT increase.
Here Here , that's exactly what I was telling him to look at.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you look at "Last Call" post on page 4. His trq #'s drop hard too..... Tuner told me it was pulling 1* to 2* at the top.....12* down low and 10* up top. He says a GT2-3 would move the peak over higher in the rpm's but it will eventually fall off. Does a double heat exchanger really work? I was actually looking into the kiler chiller intercooler colant chiller.... just a thought.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pulling timing is ok when the air is getting hot, it should do that. What I see is more of an efficiency issue. The Radix MP112 didn't always make a big number with big boost. High boost levels with that will make big heat not even concerning how fast you spin it. With that pulley size you're ok spinning it that fast without much issue, but you need to get the boost level down some. Put a cam in it. You'll make a much better power number with more cam in there and with a lower boost number pulling the blower back near it's higher efficiency range. Also, what's with the timing being that low? Unless you are also expecting to spray a 75 shot or something with it, put some timing to it. Cam it with more timing and you'll see the numbers you are looking for. I think you more than over estimated on the 90mm throttle body numbers though. You need to move alot more air before it's even close to that number.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by zippy
Pulling timing is ok when the air is getting hot, it should do that. What I see is more of an efficiency issue. The Radix MP112 didn't always make a big number with big boost. High boost levels with that will make big heat not even concerning how fast you spin it. With that pulley size you're ok spinning it that fast without much issue, but you need to get the boost level down some. Put a cam in it. You'll make a much better power number with more cam in there and with a lower boost number pulling the blower back near it's higher efficiency range. Also, what's with the timing being that low? Unless you are also expecting to spray a 75 shot or something with it, put some timing to it. Cam it with more timing and you'll see the numbers you are looking for. I think you more than over estimated on the 90mm throttle body numbers though. You need to move alot more air before it's even close to that number.
But but but but....we haven't seen his tune. Just a screen shot of his IAT Advance would shut me up. (not that the IAT table is the tell all either) That drop in hp is just too aggressive IMO. His pulley size, consistent timing, should be a nice high start in hp/tq with a good jump and then falling off at 6K depending on cam of course. Forget the #'s, just look at the dyno graph the same way you would look at a graph view on your tuning software (scanner). I agree with almost all the "what ifs" and "increase this" and decrease that" and "install this" and "remove that" but these threads are sorta nothing but a bunch of hot air (like a radix at the trap with 2.75 pulley) unless we know ALL the parameters for the setup. A list of supporting mods tells only a part of the story, albeit a good portion of the story. I have seen enough "professional tunes" that were crap to be leary to start telling somebody to throw parts at a vehicle because a graph shows power dropping off in the very spot Magnacharger is known for making great power. His graph shows power falling off at 4K. 4k? That makes no sense to me. Again I agree with most of you that the track tells all, cam will make things better, effiency range, yada yada yada, but even a straight stock setup shouldn't lose power at 4K. TQ will start to fall off, but HP shouldn't. Definitely not fall back to the base run numbers at around 5200RPM. Just my opinion.

Here is a radix 2000 silverado 5.3 from maggie's site.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

What are you guys wanting from me that will help you diagnose my truck? The Diablo has a scan/record tool that I can bring up on my labtop? I cant explain the timing.. I guess he feels safe with it that low that he wont make my truck explode. I am running a 55 wet shot but that wasnt recorded on the dyno since it wasnt working at the time. Will the nitrous increase my boost also?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Don't see where you changed valvesprings.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

It is possible that the blower was just hot on the dyno. I've seen IAT tables that were set up to pull zero timing as they got hot. Other than track use that can be a ticking time bomb. A dyno run rarely takes long enough to cause problems with the IAT's and if the blower is cool enough before the runs are made it should be fine. Most tuning I run into for Radix's just don't have nearly enough commanded timing to start with. We haven't seen his tuning though and there is likely issue's there. The Magnacharger dyno sheets I don't use, their dyno has been called optimistic over the years because most people can never duplicate their numbers even with bolt on/plug and play kits. Not insulting them, but many have pointed that out. How many stock 5.3L's put down 265 and how many bolt on the blower and go 5.3L's put down 395??? As for his hp falling off at 4k, are we looking at the same dyno run? It's not a smooth run, but it pulls just fine to 5500 or so just as a stock cam does on higher boost. At that boost level the waves as the rpm comes up is likely valve float.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Stock Internals. I see the same thing rwhp is climbing then flattens out. Rwtq is the one that falls off.... What internals need to be changed?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

I would do a cam and valvesprings with hardened pushrods and then a retune. You'll see a healthy increase. Take a look at trever1t's webpage.

Quick Reply: Not impressed by the "Hype"