FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Physical Range of 90mm LS2 vs 78mm TB

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 07:11 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lr4 colorado v8
this is come golden info here! Any chance you can get me the proper part number for a 05-06 traillbazer/SSR pedal I am using part number 15145758 for 04-06 SSR and 04-08 trailblazer.
No, but this is the description for the 04 SSR pedal sensor: Both APP sensor signal voltages are low at rest position and increase as the pedal is applied.

Just looking online though, there are various part numbers for the pedal assembly depending on whether it is the adjustable or fixed assembly. They are often listed as 04-06, but that doesn't make sense based on the description of operation. In 06 the SSRs all went to the 4 bolt 87mm TB. In 05 it may have depended on which engine you got. In 04 they were all 3 bolt 78mm.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is running and acellorating! still getting some error codes;
[ECM] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0480 - Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0481 - Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0532 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0654 - Engine RPM Output Circuit Malfunction (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P2119 - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[ECM] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned
[ECM] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit

i hooked up circuit 839 to ignition voltage and found another bat wire labeled 440, so i twisted it and another 440 wire togeather turned on the ignition swtch and i heard the throttle pate click and move for the first time!

I still got code p2138 pedal d/e corraltion error
so! switched the low and high ref wires for app sen 2 and now they read in oposite directions! turned the key fired it up and now it acellorates

thanks for all your guys help!

especally the pedal info, could not have done it without you!

now if i could just figureout how to do a case learn and what code p2119 means

Originally Posted by DrX
No, but this is the description for the 04 SSR pedal sensor: Both APP sensor signal voltages are low at rest position and increase as the pedal is applied.

Just looking online though, there are various part numbers for the pedal assembly depending on whether it is the adjustable or fixed assembly. They are often listed as 04-06, but that doesn't make sense based on the description of operation. In 06 the SSRs all went to the 4 bolt 87mm TB. In 05 it may have depended on which engine you got. In 04 they were all 3 bolt 78mm.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:41 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

You should be able to do the relearn with HPT. I know EFILive can do it.

P2119

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The ECM determines that the throttle valve did not return to the rest position within 720 milliseconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
  • The control module stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.
  • The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
  • The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Failure Records.
  • The driver information center, if equipped, may display a message.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
  • A current DTC Last Test Failed clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
  • A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other non-emission related diagnostic.
  • Clear the DTC with a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids
  • Use the J 35616-B Connector Test Adapter Kit for any test that requires probing the ECM harness connector or a component harness connector.
  • Inspect for a condition in which the throttle valve may have been held open. For example, ice may have formed in the throttle bore causing the throttle valve not to close. Observe the Freeze Frame/Failure Records.
  • The throttle valve is spring loaded to a slightly open position. The throttle valve should be open approximately 18-24 percent. This is referred to as the rest position.
  • The throttle valve should not be completely closed or open any more than a specified amount.
  • The throttle valve should move open and to the closed position without binding under the normal spring pressure.
  • The throttle should NOT be free to move open or closed WITHOUT spring pressure.
  • The scan tool has the ability to operate the throttle control system using the TP function located in the TAC System menu. This function operates the throttle valve through the entire range in order to determine if the throttle actuator control (TAC) system operates correctly.
  • For an intermittent condition, refer to Intermittent Conditions .
Old 11-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Staging Lane

Wow great info mmm I wonder what voltages the TPS 1 and 2 are suposed to be at "rest" to not set the code, dang I guess it still is not that happy with the throttle body!

Originally Posted by DrX
You should be able to do the relearn with HPT. I know EFILive can do it.

P2119

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The ECM determines that the throttle valve did not return to the rest position within 720 milliseconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
  • The control module stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.
  • The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
  • The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Failure Records.
  • The driver information center, if equipped, may display a message.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
  • A current DTC Last Test Failed clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
  • A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other non-emission related diagnostic.
  • Clear the DTC with a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids
  • Use the J 35616-B Connector Test Adapter Kit for any test that requires probing the ECM harness connector or a component harness connector.
  • Inspect for a condition in which the throttle valve may have been held open. For example, ice may have formed in the throttle bore causing the throttle valve not to close. Observe the Freeze Frame/Failure Records.
  • The throttle valve is spring loaded to a slightly open position. The throttle valve should be open approximately 18-24 percent. This is referred to as the rest position.
  • The throttle valve should not be completely closed or open any more than a specified amount.
  • The throttle valve should move open and to the closed position without binding under the normal spring pressure.
  • The throttle should NOT be free to move open or closed WITHOUT spring pressure.
  • The scan tool has the ability to operate the throttle control system using the TP function located in the TAC System menu. This function operates the throttle valve through the entire range in order to determine if the throttle actuator control (TAC) system operates correctly.
  • For an intermittent condition, refer to Intermittent Conditions .
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Wow great info mmm I wonder what voltages the TPS 1 and 2 are suposed to be at "rest" to not set the code, dang I guess it still is not that happy with the throttle body!
Seems to me that they are usually between 1.0 - 1.2V when logged (TPS1). Can be a little higher when not connected to the ECM. Depending on which TB: 1.28-1.5 for TPS1 and 3.48 - 3.7 for TPS2.

Make sure you do not feel any sticking/rubbing when you move the blade by hand. Or try a different 3 hole TB.

If you don't find anything there and if there is a slight difference between the TPS1 and TPS2 ranges, it may also help to swap those circuits. Of course you will also have to swap the high/low refs around for each circuit so that the signals are moving in the correct directions.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

I am getting between these when using a really good multi meter from work . They are all connected to the ECM. 3.85 for TPS1 and 3.70-4.28 for TPS2.

tps 2 seams a little high? Also I have mine backwards to what you have posted? I thought I red about someone switching from a car 4 bolt to a truck four bolt, that TPS 1 and TPS 2 needed to be switched around? So maybe I am right wiht the way I have TPS 1 and TPS 2, if I try TPS1 low and TPS 2 high at rest it won't even allow the engine to start.

I wonder if I were to switch the pedal bck to the way the wirring diagram shoes it should be then swtich TPS1 and TPS 2 around? If that doesn't work I will switch it back to how I have it now, and try switching TPS 1 and TPS2 around but also switch the high and low ref to corrospond correctly.

Originally Posted by DrX
Seems to me that they are usually between 1.0 - 1.2V when logged (TPS1). Can be a little higher when not connected to the ECM. Depending on which TB: 1.28-1.5 for TPS1 and 3.48 - 3.7 for TPS2.

Make sure you do not feel any sticking/rubbing when you move the blade by hand. Or try a different 3 hole TB.

If you don't find anything there and if there is a slight difference between the TPS1 and TPS2 ranges, it may also help to swap those circuits. Of course you will also have to swap the high/low refs around for each circuit so that the signals are moving in the correct directions.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

just curous about code P2119 it is a soft code and does not set a SES light, what if I use HP tunners to set P2119 to 3 error no code. will I get bad results and or damage something by doing this?

I can also ue HP tunners to adjust code P2101 negative and P2101 positve, this code is also a range performance code for the thorttle body. right now the percentages from the factory are set at 7% plus or minus. Maybe I could try 7% minus and 10% positive, I am not sure if P2101 and P2119 are at all related
Old 11-28-2010, 03:02 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

oops! I just switched around TPS1 and TPS2.

They should not both be high and it should not be fluctuating that much.

Did you measure it again after you got the wiring setup correctly? Is one high and one low at rest?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:10 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

just curous about code P2119 it is a soft code and does not set a SES light, what if I use HP tunners to set P2119 to 3 error no code. will I get bad results and or damage something by doing this?

I can also ue HP tunners to adjust code P2101 negative and P2101 positve, this code is also a range performance code for the thorttle body. right now the percentages from the factory are set at 7% plus or minus. Maybe I could try 7% minus and 10% positive, I am not sure if P2101 and P2119 are at all related
I don't think they are directly related. P2101 is set if TPS1 and TPS2 are out of synch with each other by more than 7%. P2119 is for a sticky throttle blade/weak spring. It is a warning that a problem may be starting. You will get other codes and a disabled throttle if it really gets stuck.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DrX
I don't think they are directly related. P2101 is set if TPS1 and TPS2 are out of synch with each other by more than 7%. P2119 is for a sticky throttle blade/weak spring. It is a warning that a problem may be starting. You will get other codes and a disabled throttle if it really gets stuck.
yeah I treid switching TPS 2 and TPS 1 around along wiht switching the high and low ref. sets the same code p2119. I also tried switching APS 1 and APS2 around along wiht the low and high ref. Still sets code P2119.

There was not a problem with the throttle body on the old LS1 computer it has just been a problem since I switched to the LS2 computer. I think it must still be unhappy about controlling a 3 bolt throttle body, I spose I will order a 4 bolt throttle body and get an adapter plate. The throttle body is as clean as a wisttle and only has 13k on it.

Could I have damaged the throttle body by manualy moving it for testing, engine not running?

Is there anyway I can tune out the throttle body errors, would it have anything to do wiht it being set up tune wise for a 90mm 4 bolt throttle body and a 6.0 displacemnt instead of a 78mm throttle body and a 4.8L displacemnt

Quick Reply: Physical Range of 90mm LS2 vs 78mm TB