FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Picked up new heat exchanger today

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
when I ran dual, dual pass H\E'rs (probably equal surface area to your new piece) I saw a 3-4 deg drop in IAT's at the track
Would the difference in size (if there is any) of the H/E in the outlet tract of the blower matter? Maybe your Radix H/E was maxed out?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:44 AM
10 Second Truck Club

That looks like it should do the job! Did ya get it in yet?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well summer must be around the conner because Whippled 496 is starting to screw around with his IAT's again........

J/K , I think you should install them both. ( you know you will later on anyway. lol)
Old 03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Well summer must be around the conner because Whippled 496 is starting to screw around with his IAT's again........
Hey Dusty,

I picked up something for you. I got it on sale at Target, its real nice....

LMAO!

God I love that movie!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

finally got everything installed. Seems to be making a pretty nice difference from what I can tell. It was about 70* out today and cruising temps were about 83. When i stopped and let it idle for 10 minutes it went up to 102*, then fell quickly to 85* after driving for about 2 minutes. The big difference seems to be how quickly it drops when i start driving. I want to get a little more time under my belt before i go spewing off any real numbers but so far I am pretty happy. With the old H/X i would see cruising temps in the 90's when the ambient temps were near 70*, and now cruising temps are in the 80's. Of course these measurements were all taken after driving for 30 minutes to allow any heat soak and for the engine/tranny to come up to operating temps.

I had to flip the tranny cooler bracket upside down so the tranny cooler could push back a little closer to the A/C condenser. I have about a 1/2" between the tranny cooler and the heat exchanger and about a 1/2" between the grill and the heat exchanger.....so she just barely fit in there, but it all bolted up nice and clean. I may have to paint it black, not sure if I like that big silver thing screaming at me from behind the grill. The only thing I am worried about is how it totally blocks the tranny cooler. The tranny never went above where it did before after driving around for an hour or so today, so i think its okay. Of course I got some pics.......

Here is a shot of the new reservoir, i holds about 3 gallons I think.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like it. I'd probably paint it black as well. Your **** looks great under the hood man. F-ing nice!!! Can't wait to see some real #'s out of it, especially track numbers on a 99* day.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing

J/K , I think you should install them both. ( you know you will later on anyway. lol)
Ya, he should just give up on it and put a DMAX intercooler on. Some dude tryed it on here but he didnt know what he was doing, maybe whippled can figure it out.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man, those are some nice IAT's.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 AM

NICE WORK! I was gonna have Ron Davis make me one before summer hits... but that Fluidyne is nice... hmm, may have to go with that one.
Thanks!
Bill
Old 04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Ya, he should just give up on it and put a DMAX intercooler on. Some dude tryed it on here but he didnt know what he was doing, maybe whippled can figure it out.

I remember that guy, he was one of the coolest guys around, i think he got ran over by a horse and buggy on the way to Amish-a-palooza.

Quick Reply: Picked up new heat exchanger today