Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brake booster?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

I had my catch can plumbed the same way you described and it was causing problems with the engine wanting to stall. The passenger side needs to be venter to atmosphere and the driver side needs to go, cover > can > vacuum source. if you are talking about your 2000, you should have the check valve style pcv so just plumb it up pre-turbo.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
I had my catch can plumbed the same way you described and it was causing problems with the engine wanting to stall. The passenger side needs to be venter to atmosphere and the driver side needs to go, cover > can > vacuum source. if you are talking about your 2000, you should have the check valve style pcv so just plumb it up pre-turbo.
Yes thats exactly whats happening, it wants to stall when I come to a light or a stop sign and push in the clutch. Ok so Ill try this 1st and for most, just vent the passenger cover and route my driver side to the can. Do I have to have a vacuum source for the can(routed with just the driver side cover attached to it?) I can hook it up pre-turbo I suppose, I just didnt want to drill into my intake elbow if I didnt have to.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Yes, you need a vacuum source for the pvc to work properly....although, since you are FI, it may work without it since there will be positive pressure in the crankcase unlike with NA setups that have to have vacuum to suck out the crap.... try just venting both to atmosphere and see if it helps, no need to drill anything yet.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
Yes, you need a vacuum source for the pvc to work properly....although, since you are FI, it may work without it since there will be positive pressure in the crankcase unlike with NA setups that have to have vacuum to suck out the crap.... try just venting both to atmosphere and see if it helps, no need to drill anything yet.
Ok makes sense, I will have to try this in the morning.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok well I tried re-routing the catch can and that didnt help. This is hard to explain but I will try my best.

The only time it give me troubles is under a decel and and right after decel(like when I push in the clutch). The truck will stumble and fall all over itself trying to stay running and if I dont hit the throttle it will stall it self. The short fuel trims go bonkers only at that time with 40s, 50s and even 60s. Once you rev the truck up it goes away. You dont see the leak in the scanner any more and the truck runs fine.

If there is no leak showing up while idling(like when I 1st start the truck up or after revving after it stumbles), no leak per-say while driving under normal conditions and while getting on it, what can it be? If it was something say like the map sensor, wouldnt it do it all the time?

One thing while brainstorming and from reading is maybe the BOV? I have it currently hooked up on the intake manifold after the throttle body. On decel could the engine's extra vacuum from slowing down be opening BOV and sucking air in? The wastegate gets boost reference from the nipple off the turbo and the other side is just vented to atmosphere. So the wastegate effectively doesnt even see any source of vacuum.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.