FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Prefered Meth Injection Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the snow kit on my escalade (Nelson Motorsports installed it for me before the vehicle was shipped up to Canada) and it keeps the IAT at about 30 degrees above outside temp. Was heating up considerably more prior to that, I understand.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
U should use your washer fluid tank so you don't have to clutter up your engine bay
not happening man, i use my washer fluid too much, lol.

and as far as reducing IATs, i have a very knowledgeable friend who spends more time building cars/trucks than he does on his actual day time job who has repeatedly told me NOT to go with a meth kit because he claimed that he had little gain in HP from adding meth to his truck and absolutely NO drop in IATs from before the kit was installed. anyone have any feedback on this? i trust this guys opinion against almost anything and i doubt he would steer me in the wrong direction. i just dont understand how so many people have seen recorded and drastic drops in their IATs from adding a meth kit and his story is the exact opposite.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by zachm89

and as far as reducing IATs, i have a very knowledgeable friend who spends more time building cars/trucks than he does on his actual day time job who has repeatedly told me NOT to go with a meth kit because he claimed that he had little gain in HP from adding meth to his truck and absolutely NO drop in IATs from before the kit was installed. anyone have any feedback on this? i trust this guys opinion against almost anything and i doubt he would steer me in the wrong direction. i just dont understand how so many people have seen recorded and drastic drops in their IATs from adding a meth kit and his story is the exact opposite.
Your friend did not have his kit set up or tuned right. Nobody can be all knowledgable all the time.
Well there is this one GUY, and he blessed us with LS engines to play with. thanks BIG GUY!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowec
Your friend did not have his kit set up or tuned right. Nobody can be all knowledgable all the time.
Well there is this one GUY, and he blessed us with LS engines to play with. thanks BIG GUY!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

did this guy have his meth kit spraying prior to a iat sensor? or did he spray post maf? i have a hard time believing he didn't get any gains what so ever or cooler iat's. did he increase timing due to higher octane? if you just install meth and make no other changes to the tune, then yes your not going to gain a damn thing. its going to run rich and not have the timing it needs for the higher octane.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Painless ColdShot kit in the garage but I haven't got around to installing it yet. Haven't seen anyone else using it but it looks like a really nice kit.

Painless Performance: Striker ColdShot Water/Methanol Injection System for Gasoline Engines
Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Ive got an AIS kit i need to put on. Its a trunk mount kit with the pump built on to the tank.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

heard these are some of the best pumps on the market and can handle 100% meth if needed...
The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com

cheapest way to go if you were to use your washer tank ...(what i was going to do b4 e85)
The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

well after doing some more research of both Devils Own and Alky Control it seems to me like the Alky Control kits are superior to the rest as far as the quality of the kit components as well as hardly any recorded pump failures in the passed however many years. I like the fact that their kits come with stainless braided lines and AN fittings rather than rubber hoses and clamps also.
I've ran a Snow kit for 4+ years and jsut installed an Alky kit. The Alky kit is how I would build a kit if money was no object. IMO, worth every penny.

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
U should use your washer fluid tank so you don't have to clutter up your engine bay
I used the stock WW tank location so I could use the OEM low fluid dash light. Great peace of mind.
I installed a $35 eBay 1.5 quart tank w/pump and plumbed/wired it to the factory lines. Holds plenty of WW fluid.

Rick
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowec
I'm with you on that.
I can sent you my Datalog for my car, it is not a GM but it will show you the drop of the IAT from 48c to 22c.
The gain, with the pump gas + meth i can rise the boost to 1.8 bar while without is 1.3 is the max safty point.

You need to know how to set it up correctly and where to put the IAT senson, because if you spray after the MAF you will not see any drop in IAT because the sensor is reading the hot air BEFORE the meth nozzle.

Man even my Polaris RZR is equiped with Meth Inj.

Quick Reply: Prefered Meth Injection Kits