FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

procharger belt questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:10 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procharger belt questions

I have a P1sc on my truck with a 8 psi pulley. The belt sqeaks a little in the morning when I go to start the truck. Anyways, the other day I sprayed some belt conditioner on it. Made the sqeak alot worse. Took the truck out for a ride and seems to build boost alot quicker especially part throttle. Ran it wide open and saw 10 psi peak, which i never see. Is my belt loose or worn?? or is the belt conditioner just making it sticky and giving it better grip? I don't really see any dust from the belt slipping. What are you guys running prochargers running for belts? mines the one that came with the kit. After a couple days the truck seems slower again and not building boost as quick as it was since the sticky crap wore off. Sorry for the long post just need some advise on this.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just order a Goodyear "Gatorback" belt, it will eliminate most of your problem. I got one and it helped alot. As far as the belt dressing, don't use it. It will only cause deterioration and it only lasts a short while. Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:00 AM
12 Second Truck Club

anyone know what size belt to use? I'd like to go pick one up before taking mine off to measure it.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would bet it is the idler pulley going bad. Exact same problem I had.

I would run the above mentioned gatorback (I think mine is a 110.5").

What kind of pulley are you using? If it isn't a RR (Reichard Racing), then I would invest in one.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SCIV
I would bet it is the idler pulley going bad. Exact same problem I had.

I would run the above mentioned gatorback (I think mine is a 110.5").

What kind of pulley are you using? If it isn't a RR (Reichard Racing), then I would invest in one.

Which idler pulley?? I got the numbers off my belt to cross reference to the gator back. Im running a procharger pulley I dropped it from the 4.0 to I think a 3.75" Hard to see the stamping without pulling it off. Did you notice an improvement with the RR pulley?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 PM
12 Second Truck Club

who the hell carries the gator back belt??? I called procharger they said The belt I have for the 4.0 pulley is 111.5" and with the 3.75 pulley I have on It uses a 111". Thauto parts store I called have either 100" or 120" WTF??? Please help so I can buy a new belt.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also running a gatorback belt. I checked with a local auto parts place, and they carried the size, but in a different style belt. I ended up getting mine though Summit Racing
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Autozone had mine.

The RR pulley is a great design. There is a thread somewhere where a 'vette or f-body picked up something crazy like 40 HP from just a pulley change, and not a pulley size change.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SCIV
Autozone had mine.

The RR pulley is a great design. There is a thread somewhere where a 'vette or f-body picked up something crazy like 40 HP from just a pulley change, and not a pulley size change.

DAMN.... WONDER IF THIS IS TRUE?? OR IS IT LIKE THE RICERS WHO SWEAT THERE POWERED BY HONDA STICKER ADDS 20 H.P.??
Old 03-19-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to pick up the gatorback though scummit racing also.. I know they are not sponsors so I am sensoring that name.. but they carry gatorbacks.. so does a few other major parts stores.. vato zone can order them special if they dont stock em.

Personally the Gatorback and RR pulley combo is the hot ticket. I have been toying with some other idler pulley configurations. A little later this week I might have some pics up if I get something worked out.

Quick Reply: procharger belt questions