FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

The Procharger, bosch, FMIC, catch can install is complete PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Procharger, bosch, FMIC, catch can install is complete PICS

Well this is what i have been up to for the past few weeks. It was a fun project and turned out great. I bought the Procharger D1sc new from procharger and the bracket. I purchased a FMIC off ebay and some piping. I was worried that the pipe would be **** but it was really nice stuff. 2mm thick and the bends were very nice. I made my own intercooler setup and welded the flange on for the Race bypass. Then when i was done with the FMIC setup i was upset that i couldnt see it so i customized the front airdam. Turned out really nice for the few hours that it took to do it.

Then came the lowering kit and Bosch 044 install. So i removed the bed to make things easier. I installed a 2" rear hanger kit that i bought a few months ago and never install because the bed would have to be removed. The bosch fuel pump was prolly one of the most time consuming things to do. Just followed Mangled thread and away i went. Then i decided to mod the fuel pump sock because i seen that some people were having problems with the filter sucking shut. So i took a grinder with a cutoff wheel and put a few notches it so that if the sock was to suck shut. it would always have a place to pull fuel from.

Then came the 60# fuel injectors. This was the easiest part of the install. Even cutting and solder all the connectors on was a cake job.

I then installed two catch can for the pcv system. I installed one on the passengers side valve cover off of the oil fill cap. This catch can/breather is just one line running to the tank. It doesnt have a vacuum line running to it. The next catch can is installed on the drivers side valve cover. This is hooked to the valve cover with a check and then through the catch can and into the intake of the the procharger. So that this one pulls a vacuum on the engine.

The tuning of the truck is by me and help from Justin at blackbear performance. Im running a 2 bar COS3 SD tune. So far the truck has made a total of 12# of boost with a 4" pulley. Track times will follow. Enjoy!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by gao8302; 04-23-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

looking bad ***! get some vids up of this beast!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats on all of the hard work you've put in! Get it dialed in and get to the track!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your progress!

Damn everything looks good, nice install.

In cab vid of that beeyatch whinning please!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys!! Ill get some videos of it running. Its a beast man. The 370ci really came alive with some boost. Then engine is 9.5-1 CR. Im going to put some meth on it and some drag tires and see if i can dial it into a 10sec pass. Just working with Justin from black bear on the tune. Its a little rich on the top end so just have to get it all dialed in. Then add a little more spark to it.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a link to the engine build i did for anyone that is interested in knowing what else is done to the truck.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...&highlight=370
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome build. Good luck on the 10's. You should have no problems with the bigger motor. Know anyone else who wants a D1 kit?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good man!

Originally Posted by Blown06
Awesome build. Good luck on the 10's. You should have no problems with the bigger motor. Know anyone else who wants a D1 kit?
Wants or can afford?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive thought about selling the turbo setup for a procharger, seems like its working for a few guys on here.

Quick Reply: The Procharger, bosch, FMIC, catch can install is complete PICS