FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger cold air intake set up ...pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown02408
Long intake runs on the procharger are not it's friend, especially with tight bends. Your better off with a filter slaped directly on the back of the procharger.
Like mine, I placed the air filter directly on the back of the procharger. I haven't had a problem with IAT's, even on extended WOT pulls.

Name:  1121091101a.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  109.6 KB
Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 AM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
are you running the 44# injectors?
yes my IDC at WOT is around <83-89> seems to be i put the new walbro in and iam running 55psi on my adjustable regulator...
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 AM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Did the tuna last night and its just plain Nasty now ...I have an excellent tuner who specializes in Forced Induction at hi shop ...there is always a turbo truck or a GN in there on any given day ...man that guy can tune...after about 14 WOT passes my IAT where up in the 112's also he wants me to get a map froam Colbat SS turbo and install it just to tweak it a little more...NOT that it needs it ...this truck hits boost instantly...he is safely running a variable timing program with very safe Knock sensor timing adjustmnets its hitting in the 20%s if you can beleive it with 0 lean and no meth ... oh here is a pick with the opther end of the CAI that plums down with a block / holder brackett i made ... i did also vent my crankcase with a nice Harley venter thats mounts to to the intake but i left my BOV running back through the charger i thouight about and the extra sucking from the charger may help it ope faster smoother so i left it ...anyway truck is a totally nasty now may go to the new track this weekend just to see what its doing
Attached Thumbnails Procharger cold air intake set up ...pics-pc5.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JJB
Did the tuna last night and its just plain Nasty now ...I have an excellent tuner who specializes in Forced Induction at hi shop ...there is always a turbo truck or a GN in there on any given day ...man that guy can tune...after about 14 WOT passes my IAT where up in the 112's also he wants me to get a map froam Colbat SS turbo and install it just to tweak it a little more...NOT that it needs it ...this truck hits boost instantly...he is safely running a variable timing program with very safe Knock sensor timing adjustmnets its hitting in the 20%s if you can beleive it with 0 lean and no meth ... oh here is a pick with the opther end of the CAI that plums down with a block / holder brackett i made ... i did also vent my crankcase with a nice Harley venter thats mounts to to the intake but i left my BOV running back through the charger i thouight about and the extra sucking from the charger may help it ope faster smoother so i left it ...anyway truck is a totally nasty now may go to the new track this weekend just to see what its doing
What size pulley are you running and how much boost?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

I have the smaller 3.70 9lbs ... turning 55k verses 65k max impeller ...we tried to read it through the map/KPA but it goes too high unreadable past 7lbs thats why my tuner wants the Colbat map...i have as of yet iam still unsdeciced on Gauge size location ...i dont really want to show my gauges ...id like to be a sleeper as much as possible...
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB
...i dont really want to show my gauges ...id like to be a sleeper as much as possible...
Lets see where you end up putting it! I'm going for the sleeper look too.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JJB
I have the smaller 3.70 9lbs ... turning 55k verses 65k max impeller ...we tried to read it through the map/KPA but it goes too high unreadable past 7lbs thats why my tuner wants the Colbat map...i have as of yet iam still unsdeciced on Gauge size location ...i dont really want to show my gauges ...id like to be a sleeper as much as possible...
I'm surprised your 44# injectors are keeping up. I know sharpshooter had his 44#'ers maxed out on the 5.3. When he went to a cammed 6.0, he had to go to 60#'ers. I run 60#'ers, and I'm still above 80% duty cycle on them, and that's spraying meth on top of that also.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have a smaller crank pulley?
what rpm do you shift at?
is this a P1SC?
and what AFR's do you run in boost?
did you make a pull with no filter tubing hooked to the procharger?

just wanted to ask you a few ?'s man, not trying to be a pain
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
Lets see where you end up putting it! I'm going for the sleeper look too.
Exactly I have been doing a ton of searches on this site and some guys are pretty creative will probably go in the dash left side though ...My AFR is hidden above my airbag switch ...
Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sureshot
I'm surprised your 44# injectors are keeping up. I know sharpshooter had his 44#'ers maxed out on the 5.3. When he went to a cammed 6.0, he had to go to 60#'ers. I run 60#'ers, and I'm still above 80% duty cycle on them, and that's spraying meth on top of that also.
I was really concerned about that and with the help of my tuner we got the fuel presssure just right to keep up ...but not over to lose volume ...more psi equals more HP support..i.e.

24 pound injector (BSFC of 0.57) and at 90% duty cycle can support 303 hp.
24 pound injector (BSFC of 0.57) and at 95% duty cycle can support 320 hp.
A 24 pound injector at 85psi will now flow the same as a 35 pound injector
A 35 pound injector can support 453 bhp at 95% duty cycle.
I put large Robin gauges for pressure and flow and 55.psi was the magic number at peak flow with a base of 4.05 per psi

so 44lbs @ 40psi = 44lbs ,(44lbs @ 55psi = 60lbs ), if they will flow...

so if the injectors will flow and not seal leak we where good with 44's and it worked

what psi and flow rate are you running / return or not ..iam huge beliver in return style

Quick Reply: Procharger cold air intake set up ...pics