FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

procharger filter mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know im not the only one gaining psi on doing this.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Laid Back

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A guy on ebay sell filter screens for $20 shipped. They fit and look pretty good.

Name:  GEDC0007.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  47.2 KB
Old 06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i went out to test it and for some reason my big red bypass valve was coming open in higher rpms so my boost level was leveling out . so i checked for a vacuum leak and couldnt find one so then i did a boost leak test and found my valve was leaking from the under side where the shaft comes out. so i pulled big red off and took it apart and found that the diaphragm was blown out and cracked . so i called procharger today and ordered another one hopefully that is my problem. what was weird is i was logging with hp tuners and it showed me @3200 rpms at 15.2 psi and would just flat line through the rpm range at that which i know isnt true its just impossible at that rpm, and my boost gauge was reading 4 psi and wouldnt go above that. hopefully the bov is my problem i will report back after i get the new gasket in.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I understand this correctly, you basically take off the Red K&N filter and put a some doorscreen over the opening and clamp it down? I am game to try it on my P1 to see if there is a gain or not.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
So if I understand this correctly, you basically take off the Red K&N filter and put a some doorscreen over the opening and clamp it down? I am game to try it on my P1 to see if there is a gain or not.
basically but you want to wrap it around something rubber and tuck it in then hose clamp around it so the rubber holds it firmly so there is no chance of it getting sucked up , and i would only use metal screen.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
basically but you want to wrap it around something rubber and tuck it in then hose clamp around it so the rubber holds it firmly so there is no chance of it getting sucked up , and i would only use metal screen.
Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

well got the new diaphragm for big red today and got it all back together. im seeing 4 more inches of vacuum at a idol so hopefully this was my problem. ill be doing a pull here in a while to give it the test.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

well that was my problem truck is healthy again. so did a couple pulls with the filter , with the screen and with nothing on it.so going from filter to screen you can feel a big power difference and see almost a 2 psi difference so i took the screen off and boost gauge is having a hard time at the top of first reading steady i think the belt is slipping lol top of second still seeing about a 2 psi gain over the filter but gauge was haveing trouble staying steady think because of belt slip also. looks like its time for a 8 rib and a 10%OD crank pulley . conclusion remove filter for more boost/power!!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so how would this work with a tune thats set for 8 psi. if you see more boost this way wouldnt you need another tune for it? im still learning lol
Old 06-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Beatdown Z
A guy on ebay sell filter screens for $20 shipped. They fit and look pretty good.

That's a Fernco coupler for PVC pipe and some screen door mesh. Just go to Home Depot or Lowe's.

Quick Reply: procharger filter mod