FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger guys

Well it is official the retofit procharger cog bracket will work on our trucks. The only thing I had to do was relocate my PCM. Not a big deal. Just waiting on my harmonic balancer to bolt the cogs on. Oh and my original polished bracket is for sale for 100.00 bucks.

Can't wait to fire this sucker up!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is it the stock balancer with a bolted cog pulley?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not really. If you go to the ati performance website you will see that they have one specifically for superchargers. I think it has a steel hub instead of an alluminum one. I will also be using the f-body version as well so it is closer the block. I will only be running my alternator off of the serpentine portion then the cog pulley will bolt to the front.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Ok so tons of questions for you. My cog setup works great but the tensioners keep breaking I was really looking at this setup. So did you switch to the car power steering pump and bracket, how dose our alt fit there alt relo bracket did you get the car one and please don't run you blower clocked like that it will get oil to the oil slinger and burn up the blower been there done that.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have reclocked my blower for the proper configuration. The cog kit also has a alternator relocation bracket which puts it where the tensioner is on the passenger side. It also has a powersteering bracket that positions it in the stock location. I am ditching power steering for the time being and using the BMR f-body alternater relocation bracket. I will only be running 2 belts, one to the alternator and the main blower cog belt. I will be using the mezeire elec waterpump so no need for a belt there.

If you go to prochargers website you can see the alternator and powersteering configuration.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Launching!

So you had procharger relocate the oil slinger inside the blower? I did look at the brackets just wondering if the truck atl will fit it.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

procharger will do it for 130, but I just did it myself. Its real easy, inside the case you just move the oil slinger to the next slot over. I am pretty sure the bracket will work for our alternator.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Awesome just looking out for ya us Procharger guys got to stick together. Good to know if I go this rout u just saved me 130 bucks thanks!!! The vett alt looks like the holes are about the same I was going to pull one a parts store and measure. So plenty of room to point the volute strait down like the truck bracket Looks like it is just about the same. I keep a spare tensioner in the truck there only go for about 4 pulls before the crack around the bottom bolt. I bet this setup will work perfect on the track or street. So far on my truck I can make 10 psi with a 45 tooth on the F1R with a 6000ft DA. I have 42tooth ready for the track this weekend. take a bunch of pics and post them up during the build if you do not mind.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Absolutely. There are only a handfull of people with trucks that have used a procharger and stayed with it. If you stall it correctly it makes a lot of power down low and a hell of a lot of power up high.

I want to say I have compared the corvette alternator and the truck alternator and they have the same bolt location.

I am looking into getting the ati super pulley for continous street use. I am sure you have seen, it lets the blower freewheel when you let off the throttle. Should extend the life of the blower. Actually for longer trips I can just take of the blower belt and run on motor. Should only take a couple of minutes to take off the belt.

Your running a 427? 10psi with the F1R, your blower makes more peak power then mine so I bet the higher you rev it the more it pulls. I talked to the rep at procharger and he is going to send me the pulleys and belt to max out my blower at 7000 rpm. So far the most I could must with the 8 rib was 14.5 at 6000, but there was a hell of a lot of belt dust after.

Let me know what you run and the boost it makes. Would like to see pics of your setup as well.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Launching!

I have a 408 9.25:1 CR it pulls so dam hard at only 10psi. I have the ATI Super Pulley and it is the key to being streetable so with a 45 tooth blower and a 75 tooth crank it makes 10psi at my 4500 elevation thats good so at sea level it would be 12-13psi. A 40 tooth would max my blower out. I am running 2 Mondo BOV's to relive pressure on the blower to help with the belt. I can dump the throttle a 6800 rpms with no problems. How much was the bracket and did you price the car power steering pump bracket and alt bracket.

Quick Reply: Procharger guys