FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger guys with large FMIC in upper grille, input needed. PCM location?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor
I usually order one of the eBay generic 3.0" polished kits with asst silicone couplers/clamps and then order the specialized couplers (ie: 4.0 to 3.0" 90, etc) from Silicone Intakes. Great service and pricing. They're not a Sponsor so you will have to Google their website.

Rick
Just what I did on my last couple builds and it seems to work out the best. But there are alot of cheap thin couplers on ebay. I always stay with the 4-5ply ones and havnt had any issues.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh makes sense. Well hell keep us posted.. Why are you running a blow off and not a bypass valve?? BO don't usually work to well on a blower...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Ahh makes sense. Well hell keep us posted.. Why are you running a blow off and not a bypass valve?? BO don't usually work to well on a blower...
I had a blow off valve on my last prochager setup and had no issues. I have never heard of issues with a procharger and a vent to atmosphere style blow off valve. Unless it is mounted to close or after the MAF senser or the BOV is just too small for the volume like the greddy type S. When I talked to procharger they reccomended I upgrade to the racegate that is sold in a vta and recirc. version. They said they only advantage to the recirc. was its quiter. Plus I already had the tial 50mm blow off valve and it can only be setup for vta. Otherwise I probably would have set it up to recirculate.

Last edited by 300zxls1; 10-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good! I love it mounted up there way better than in the bumper.

I'm just wondering if you happen to have any more photos of how the intercooler is mounted behind the grill, and the routing of the charge pipes if you can, front both front and back and around headlights?
Is this a complete FMIC kit, is it a procharger intercooler? part #?

I'm looking into a single turbo set-up, but it would be essential for me to run the intercooler in the main grill since I do not run a lower valence on my truck, but I have heard several issues with mounting the IC in the main grill.
Do you have a 34" radiator?
Was there any cutting of the grill, or the plastic around the headlights?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

I would not add any length to the inlet side of the blower... the best setup is a filter direct to the housing. Surprised no one mentioned that to you. Should be a great setup. Goodluck!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Rick what is the quality on them ebay kits?? I ahve thought about getting one, but wasn't sure if they are nice and sturdy with a good side wall... I buy alot of my stuff from treadstone
I've ran into some used eBay tubing that I could probably dent by hand so I know what you mean. The CXRacing brand seems to have good quality tubing, clamps and straight couplers. The tubing is all 2.0mm (0.079") thickness and rolled ends, stainless steel T-clamps can handle plenty of torquing and the 3" silicone couplers are 4-ply.

Treadstone is a great supplier and sells top notch product. I'm using one of their FMIC's on my twin kit. The CXRacing tubing is the same thickness but I have no idea about the grade. I've never tried to have it tigged so I don't know how weldable it is. It doesn't have any clear coat so it should weld okay.

Rick