FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

procharger p1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procharger p1 ?

ok so im planning on getting a procharger p1. my set up is going to be a 4.8, longtubes,z06 cam and springs,efans,stall,4l60 hd2 shift kit and servos. also going to upgrade my fuel pressure regulator,60lb injectors walbro fuel pump. ok im going to blow through my maf and run a bov instead of the recirculator. it has a larger ic than what came with the kit. where do i position the maf and bov? also do prochargers have any wine to them? also what pulley size would i need to get max boost out of it? im new to fi so ill prolly have alot of questions. also on my wide band a/f ratio gauge should i run 2? one on each header or just 1 on the y pipe

Last edited by cjcalhoun; 04-10-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

ok so im planning on getting a procharger p1. my set up is going to be a 4.8, longtubes,z06 cam and springs,efans,stall,4l60 hd2 shift kit and servos. also going to upgrade my fuel pressure regulator,60lb injectors walbro fuel pump. ok im going to blow through my maf and run a bov instead of the recirculator. it has a larger ic than what came with the kit. where do i position the maf and bov? also do prochargers have any wine to them? also what pulley size would i need to get max boost out of it? im new to fi so ill prolly have alot of questions. also on my wide band a/f ratio gauge should i run 2? one on each header or just 1 on the y pipe
When I had a maxed out P1 with a 3.4 pulley I had to remove the MAF; which was mounted inline before the throttle body, and switch to speed density because the MAF couldn't see half the air blowing by it. I know there are a few digital MAF's out there that might work, but I like speed density better. Mount the BOV before the intercooler. For the wideband one sensor on the passenger side collector will work.

As for the sound of a procharger p1 check out my video with my old setup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwUg2c4du4
Old 04-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Teching In

well what would you say the max boost would be with the maf ? also if i wanted to upgrade the p1 what would be the next step up that would bolt on in the same place as the p1. or what is the biggest one i could go with that is a direct bolt on in the place of the p1.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cjcalhoun
well what would you say the max boost would be with the maf ? also if i wanted to upgrade the p1 what would be the next step up that would bolt on in the same place as the p1. or what is the biggest one i could go with that is a direct bolt on in the place of the p1.
next step up would be the d1 ,that will slide right in where your p1 is and that should be more than enough, if you want to go crazy there is the f1 but you'll have to do more than just bolt that one on...lol
Old 04-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Teching In

also after reading on here im wondering about crank case ventalation. since i am running headers i was thinking running the exhaust evac system one on each side. also thought about a filtered catch can with a hose running to the inlet side of the procharger. what are all thoughts on this. there are alot of ways everyone is doing this on here is there one better than the other. also what is the best way to hook up the vacume line to the bov? to the intake or just anywhere to refrence boost? also how do i know the exact spring to run in the bov as far as what psi the spring is rated to? like what spring would be best for my setup?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Baltimore Whore

You do not need to upgrade to a diff FPR, a BOV will not work properly with a centri blower.. You will be able to run 11 psi easy with the p1 on a 4.8. I am running 10psi on a built 6.0 using a p1.. A simple fix for the pcv system is to just remove the hose coming from the TB to the pass side valve cover.. Use a vortec race valve in place of the stock procharger bypass, put it anywhere between the oulet of the blower, the maf sensor..
Old 04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Teching In

well im going from v6 to v8 with a returnless intake so im going to have to run a corvette filter or a bypass reg. not going to use the boost port on it. also ive seen people on here running bov's on them. the stuff im getting comes with a diffrent valve than the bypass valve already. i havent saw this stuff yet just going by what i was told. waiting pics for the stuff. then gotta go pick it up.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

Ahh I see, well I hope you luck with the blow off, I have read of horrable surging issues using them.. Is your truck currently a return ystem?? If not I would def try to make it one..
Old 04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Teching In

ya its return. i read about bov's that are set up for the superchargers. it shows that it runs a 3psi spring and a refrence port. from what i am understanding you have boost on the top of the diaphram and the bottom so it dont open under boost. then with it hooked up to the intake after the throttle bodie when you let off the intake goes into a vacume and then you only have boost pushing on it from the charge side and opens it. i could be totally wrong thats just the way im understanding it. also the regulator that im going to run has an inlet port,return port,and outletport. so the way that im going to do it is have the line coming from the tank to the regulator then the return side goes back to the tank and the outlet goes to the fuel rail. its a diffrent regulator than most run i think. what i saw the most was a regulator that just had 2 inlet ports and one return.

Last edited by cjcalhoun; 04-11-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

my bov works fine with my procharger.. allot of people run this one, its a lil spendy but well worth it...

video of it ...

this is how i vented mine...

Quick Reply: procharger p1 ?