FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger or RADIX

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
This is complete BS. Talk about sucking on the Mag. pipe. I've got Vette graphs up the ying yang from Magna's ,prochargers,vortechs,paxtons ect that show differently.Expecially the lack of midrange the graph above tends to lead people about centrificals.

Sorry,that comparison graph always ticks me off

As for your truck I would do the Magnacharger due to the lack of torque of the 4.8. Of course if it was up to me I would put a bigger motor in it instead like a 6.0 or even a cheap build 408ci and have the same power NA.(future add FI on top)

Not sure how you can call a valid test boost matched at 10 psi "smokin the mag pipe". This was a test preformed on an engine dyno with proper test procedures, do you have an engine dyno at Dez? Can you preform the tests required to prove the data wrong? A chassis dyno would show the same results but worse with the percentage of drivetrain loss. I will be more than happy to post up a dyno (from another member) of a 408 chassis dyno and lay a 5.3L magna charged dyno right over it to prove the 5.3L made more power for less money and time.

Peak horse power does not mean squat buddy, power under the curve and average hp will prevail each and every time. I know you are caught up in the BIG HP numbers and peak HP there at DEZ, and most guys will buy into that....but what you need to understand is the question asked was answered with thought behind it.

not everyone is looking for 1000hp with a 400hp budget, most want good daily driven HP with reliability.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 10-11-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typo :)
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Not sure how you can call a valid test boost matched at 10 psi "smokin the mag pipe". This was a test preformed on an engine dyno with proper test procedures, do you have an engine dyno at Dez? Can you preform the tests required to prove the data wrong? A chassis dyno would show the same results but worse with the percentage of drivetrain loss. I will be more than happy to post up a dyno (from another member) of a 408 chassis dyno and lay a 5.3L magna charged dyno right over it to prove the 5.3L made more power for less money and time.

Peak horse power does not mean squat buddy, power under the curve and average hp will prevail each and every time. I know you are caught up in the BIG HP numbers and peak HP there at DEZ, and most guys will buy into that....but what you need to understand is the question asked was answered with thought behind it.

not everyone is looking for 1000hp with a 400hp budget, most want good daily driven HP with reliability.
Who do you think your talking to? We are pure racers that know 100% it's about the average power,not peak. Maybe you should get out in the real world and actually test some of this stuff yourself. Every blower has it's place but to say we are about peak power is just being plain stupid.

I read the test done.Also noticed they locked the timing on the centrifical just like the Magna across the midrange.Can't do that and get full power.

Yes,I have tested your setup against others on the same car.The Magna pulled more hp down low under 3000rpm but the others destroyed it above that in HP and TQ. Well, unless you let the engine go ice cold so the inlet temps stayed under 100 degree's, it would hang to 3500rpm.

FYI-Engine dyno's mean nothing till it has the drivetrain,fuel system and stock computer running it. Engine dyno's are for testing parts and hopefully tested right which went biased on the graphs above.

So,you can take your newbie, one way thinking and try to impress someone that knows less than you.

Sorry for the negative. Long week.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 10-11-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Who do you think your talking to? We are pure racers that know 100% it's about the average power,not peak. Maybe you should get out in the real world and actually test some of this stuff yourself. Every blower has it's place but to say we are about peak power is just being plain stupid.

I read the test done.Also noticed they locked the timing on the centrifical just like the Magna across the midrange.Can't do that and get full power.

Yes,I have tested your setup against others on the same car.The Magna pulled more hp down low under 3000rpm but the others destroyed it above that in HP and TQ. Well, unless you let the engine go ice cold so the inlet temps stayed under 100 degree's, it would hang to 3500rpm.

FYI-Engine dyno's mean nothing till it has the drivetrain,fuel system and stock computer running it. Engine dyno's are for testing parts and hopefully tested right which went biased on the graphs above.

So,you can take your newbie, one way thinking and try to impress someone that knows less than you.

Sorry for the negative. Long week.
newbie? Now that is a good one....

I am not going to get into a who's ***** is bigger than the others game with you.
Have you even thought to ask about the compressor sizes? I bet you didn't. Each compressor that was test is the "manufacture" EO head unit. So before you get into your "I made more HP with x than y" maybe you should consider that possibly the higher HP numbers you claim came from the BIGGER compressor that you put in place.

Lets chat about the car that you tested with the Magna Charger on it, what was the replacement power adder? Bigger Centrifugal? Yeah more than likely. Just because you cannot get a Magna Charged vehicle to make power....and the others can, ala Lingenfelter, Mallet Motors, 21st Century Muscle Cars, Pro Dyno, W2W, Katech, SDPC, Synergy, Late Model Speed, Magnaflow, East Coast Supercharging etc, etc, etc does not mean the product does not work.

I have tested in the real world, I have driven and raced the other FI options out there. I have been around longer than you think.....I just don't choose to wave my wiener around on the internet and "talk" the talk.....I walk it.

I do agree with you about one thing, each blower has its place I never questioned that. The original post asked what would be best between the two FI options on his 4.8 and the question was answered.....

I am not sorry for the negative attitude, my week has been great.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 10-11-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Ehhh, we all can get along.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're pulling a trailer that is so big that you need boost to get it moving, you are pulling too big of a trailer (unless you're driving a diesel).
Old 10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by zippy
If you're pulling a trailer that is so big that you need boost to get it moving, you are pulling too big of a trailer (unless you're driving a diesel).
Not sure what you mean by that comment. If you are pulling a trailer that is too big for the GVWR then yes you are pulling too big of a trailer. Who would not want some more power to tow with?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure you both agree how to get my truck maxing power pls!

PSS...my week was fukin short and fukin sweet!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:55 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
Just make sure you both agree how to get my truck maxing power pls!

PSS...my week was fukin short and fukin sweet!
how is it coming along? did you call Rex about the rings?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Hey guys, great info, thanks, still curious on where the best place is going to be to pick up my radix, looking to get it within the next 2 weeks, thanks.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Well, Either way you go you should be fine. Whichever you get a better deal on I would go that route.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:43 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by hmatiak
Hey guys, great info, thanks, still curious on where the best place is going to be to pick up my radix, looking to get it within the next 2 weeks, thanks.
any of the sponsors on the right------------->

Quick Reply: Procharger or RADIX