FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger or RADIX

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Not sure what you mean by that comment. If you are pulling a trailer that is too big for the GVWR then yes you are pulling too big of a trailer. Who would not want some more power to tow with?
I'll try to explain myself a little better. If your truck has a hard time pulling more than say 4k without the blower, I wouldn't recomend pulling any more than that with the blower. You may end up in boost frequently when pulling if you do which will put you running a much richer a/f ratio causing terrible milage as well as high egt's. If the stock pulley were left on it (say a 3.6 or 3.7), pulling with the blower would be great as you'd only be using boost to get the truck and trailer moving, but not to maintain speed. Boost on a 4.8L adds so much torque that it would be easy to mistake the truck's ability to pull more than it really should. Not insulting the product, just making sure that he isn't adding it to increase towing capacity.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's been alot of heat running around this forum this week!
I'd say Radix for towing and Procharger for racing.
But since your only towing "a few times a year" and looking to "smoke Hemi's and Stang's" the rest of the time I would say procharger as you race people all year round yet only tow on occasion.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:54 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
I'll try to explain myself a little better. If your truck has a hard time pulling more than say 4k without the blower, I wouldn't recomend pulling any more than that with the blower. You may end up in boost frequently when pulling if you do which will put you running a much richer a/f ratio causing terrible milage as well as high egt's. If the stock pulley were left on it (say a 3.6 or 3.7), pulling with the blower would be great as you'd only be using boost to get the truck and trailer moving, but not to maintain speed. Boost on a 4.8L adds so much torque that it would be easy to mistake the truck's ability to pull more than it really should. Not insulting the product, just making sure that he isn't adding it to increase towing capacity.

agreed......

I would never recommend that one tows more than the truck is rated for. I towed 18K with a 2003 2500 HD for well over 56K and rarely saw boost unless I was moving off the line, or pulling a huge grade. When pulling the huge grade, it is the owner/driver responsibility to make sure that you are not hauling *** up the hill

I will say this, Magnuson has a GREAT 5 psi towing package that will greatly improve your towing "fun factor". Thanks for clearing that up . Going SEMA this year? If so I think there are some beers that need to be traded.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:56 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Spoolin
There's been alot of heat running around this forum this week!
I'd say Radix for towing and Procharger for racing.
But since your only towing "a few times a year" and looking to "smoke Hemi's and Stang's" the rest of the time I would say procharger as you race people all year round yet only tow on occasion.
we will see what your opinion is when I whoop that ***
Old 10-13-2007, 05:01 PM
GFYS and STFU

we will see what your opinion is when I whoop that ***
Don't get too close to me because my truck is Cursed! I might rub fender's and impart some of it to your truck! I'll be happy to run you once I have my truck back and hopefully running in good shape! I'll be a warm up for your race against Grippy!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed......

I would never recommend that one tows more than the truck is rated for. I towed 18K with a 2003 2500 HD for well over 56K and rarely saw boost unless I was moving off the line, or pulling a huge grade. When pulling the huge grade, it is the owner/driver responsibility to make sure that you are not hauling *** up the hill

I will say this, Magnuson has a GREAT 5 psi towing package that will greatly improve your towing "fun factor". Thanks for clearing that up . Going SEMA this year? If so I think there are some beers that need to be traded.
I'm hoping to make it, but I'm not sure I can get the time off of work. We're behind in alot of work and have been a guy short for about 2 months now. I'm trying.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:04 PM
GFYS and STFU

...Going SEMA this year? If so I think there are some beers that need to be traded.
I wanna go!! I emailed Parrent to see if Wilwood would sponsor me for the SEMA show! Haven't heard back from him yet but I'm holding my breath...(I'm turning blue!! )
Old 10-13-2007, 05:08 PM
blownerator

I wanna go!! I emailed Parrent to see if Wilwood would sponsor me for the SEMA show! Haven't heard back from him yet but I'm holding my breath...(I'm turning blue!! )
Its Tarrent
Old 10-13-2007, 05:09 PM
blownerator

Don't get too close to me because my truck is Cursed! I might rub fender's and impart some of it to your truck! I'll be happy to run you once I have my truck back and hopefully running in good shape! I'll be a warm up for your race against Grippy!
Dude, the race with grippy has past....he lost that one by default.....and will loose all the others as well.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:50 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Dude, the race with grippy has past....he lost that one by default.....and will loose all the others as well.
LOL, the hell it is/was, you know I'm close now & your trying to take an oppurtunity to back down, i'd have more respect for you if you just man up and admit your scurred, how many lengths you need to show up?

Quick Reply: Procharger or RADIX