FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger set-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger set-up

I recently bought a used D1SC full kit for my 1999 5.3 and I almost have everything I need to hook it up.I'm going to update the bypass valve with the newer pro-flow model.My two ?'s are where do I hook up the bypass on the manifold for vacuum?Also what do I need [or what I'm I missing] that goes on the manifold so I don't pressurize the crankcase under boost?Is it some type of check valve and where does it go?I didn't get install instructions and I called procharger and they said they will send me some but I thought some of you guys could help me out sooner.I'm ready to get this installed.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Back passenger side of manifold is a vacuum fitting you can twist off and connect to. I vented the passenger side valve cover to atmosphere and plugged the TB connection.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Teching In

I connected the hose that comes off the valve cover to the air filter, and capped the connection on the throttle body. (as described in the Procharger install manual) I am getting engine oil in the intake tubes now... not a good situation. If you search for PCV, oil separators, and oil catch cans, you will find more info... I haven't decided what I want to do yet.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

So if I run about 9 lbs. of boost max. and I take the hose off the driver side valve cover ,place a small filter there on the cover and block the hole on the intake manifold I should be O.K.?Why can't you run the bypass vacuum off that pcv hole in the intake manifold instead of just blocking it off?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

It is not a vacuum source. It gets its air from in front of the throttle plate and supplies metered air to the crankcase to balance off the PCV when the manifold is pulling a vacuum through the driver side PCV connection. It completes the PCV circuit with air that is metered through the MAF so that all the air entering the intake manifold has been metered by the MAF and the engine gets the correct fueling and does not go lean.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is how mine is setup.
Driver valve cover, PCV valve--------->Jegs oil separator-------Mcmasters one way check valve--------->inlet on top of intake manifold for pcv hose.

Pass. valve cover, vacumn line------>another Jegs oil separator------->line runs to air filter/procharger inlet.

Throttle body is blocked off.
I get no crankcase pressurization, I dont have to run an open breather off a valve cover, still utilize the stock function of the pcv system. No oil getting into intercooler piping.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what I've done:
ATI supplied breather replaced with new 45 and AEM DryFlow filter...
by-pass vents to atmosphere via K&N filter...
vac line tee'd into FPR line as well as boost gauge...
(ProCharger said the ProFlow is not as efficient as the old one, more of a cosmetic improvement than anything)
Oil filler neck replaced with filter...
pcv removed and replaced with Moroso old-school breather...
TB fitting capped and hose plugged...hose soon to be removed...
Old 08-06-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Superado when you say that your bypass vacuum and boost gauge come off your fuel pressure regulator are you talking about that very thin black hose?Also your crankcase is vented on both sides correct and what did you cap the pcv hole on the intake manifold with?thanks man
Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ranwalk thanks for the pics that is a nice set-up.I was thinking I could get away wth a simpler set-up because I won't be running as much boost as you.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Superado when you say that your bypass vacuum and boost gauge come off your fuel pressure regulator are you talking about that very thin black hose?Also your crankcase is vented on both sides correct and what did you cap the pcv hole on the intake manifold with?thanks man
I tee'd into the small black vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator...some use a distribution block spliced into the brake booster vacuum line...I would like to do that as well in the future...
which hole are you referring to? if you are referring to the one that goes from the intake to the pcv valve in the valve cover...I believe I stuck a bolt in the hose, I don't remember...
the Moroso breather replaced the pcv valve...
you could use the vacuum line going to the pcv valve as your source of vacuum for the by-pass valve or boost gauge...which is what I had planned to do with my gauge...just haven't yet...

Quick Reply: Procharger set-up