FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

ProCharger vs. Rear Mount for DD/towing

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02'Z71ONDUBZ'
Do you care to expound on that? I don't really understand what the difference is your trying to imply...

I think I'm gonna throw the turbo idea out the window. It just seems like it would take much more planning as far as which turbo would be best for my application, which I'm obviously not capable of. I don't doubt that there is a great turbo setup out there that would perform just as well or better than the blowers, but I don't have the funds to pay someone to work that out lol.

I guess the only other thing I really would like to know would be a sort of compare and contrasting of the ATI vs. MPP for my specific needs. What is it about the MP112 that makes it a better choice for towing/DD than the ProCharger? Does it build a better torque curve? Will it build boost quicker when needed than the Pro? Is it the simplicity and reliability of the kit? I have contacted ATI and inquired about having a P1SC rebuilt, and they told me that they really don't do that much unless something has been sucked into the blower causing damage. Will a used MP112 need to be rebuilt before installing on my truck?

One big aspect I do like better about the ProCharger is that it is easily upgraded to the D-1 if one decides to do so. I am definitely going to take a deeper look into a maggie setup though.

Also, thanks for explaining about the vacuum/boost relation at cruising speeds. I was under the impression that the BOV was solely used during WOT shifts and such, but I understand now.
now ask ati what they'll charge you for that 'not doing too much rebuild'

More than a few people I've known (myself included 8 years ago with a P1SC) had to send their head units in for rebuilds when they'd start leaking (I was under warranty at the time luckily)

bass boat isn't a real heavy load you'll be fine with a procharger or a rear mount, if you were towing heavy I'd worry about wanting the low end with a maggie.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
now ask ati what they'll charge you for that 'not doing too much rebuild'

More than a few people I've known (myself included 8 years ago with a P1SC) had to send their head units in for rebuilds when they'd start leaking (I was under warranty at the time luckily)

bass boat isn't a real heavy load you'll be fine with a procharger or a rear mount, if you were towing heavy I'd worry about wanting the low end with a maggie.
I just called today to ask that... $85 to send one in for them to look at and tell me what needs to be replaced. They wouldn't even give me an estimate without sending it in. All they would tell me is that an impeller is gonna run me at least $900.

What did it cost you to have yours rebuilt? What all was done? I am trying to figure out what this will cost me and am beginning to see why they don't throw their prices out there...