FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

pulleyed down and just look what happened ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looked the belt over and appears to be good still has some rub marks but nothing that i think will weaken it i dont think . anybody know of a electric water pump that will work for truck accessory belt with a procharger ?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's difficult to install the belt because the belt is THAT tight, then the belt is too short. You could still have problems if you don't address that.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Mine ripped the pulley off after I tig welded it. That was with the 8-rib at 23 psi on the d1sc.

It is a common problem when you go to the 8-rib set up.

Be sure to weld it on good. Mine obviously wasn't. Pulled the weld out of the water pump shaft!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
Mine ripped the pulley off after I tig welded it. That was with the 8-rib at 23 psi on the d1sc.

It is a common problem when you go to the 8-rib set up.

Be sure to weld it on good. Mine obviously wasn't. Pulled the weld out of the water pump shaft!
holly crap!!how were you getting 23psi on a d1 ?what was your set up? i got a 3.4 on here right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya.. id say that belt is toast LOL

^^+1 23 psi on a D1, thats nuts.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Spin the blower 106% with zero belt slip.

I haven't seen anyone's D1sc make that much boost before either, but my 3-bar MAP said otherwise. I was tuning in the 260 kpa region.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't one of the guys that runs with Phantom doing over 20 lbs. on his D1?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
Superado did that years ago.

Happened twice before I welded it on...all 3 times were w/ 6 rib set-up.

1st time was w/ the original factory WP and the P1SC after smaller pulley was installed and idlers were relocated for more belt wrap...also grenaded the P1SC on the same pass!
Quicksilverado had a spare stock belt at the track that day...I hammered the WP pulley back on, removed the broken P1SC, put the stock length belt on and drove it 2+ hrs home.

2nd time was w/ new WP and D1SC...
freezing cold at the track that day...heated up the pulley w/ a propane heater we had in a friends trailer and slid it back on...drove 2+ hrs home.
Next morning I opened the hood in the driveway...touched the pulley and it fell off.

3rd time was AFTER I welded the pulley on another new WP...on my way to work one morning...
this time the factory weld broke on the big school bell lookin' WP pulley...@ the threads.

After the 3rd time...I went w/ a new WP...welded on the pulley AND welded on several ribs across the front of the ProCharger bracket in an attempt to limit flex... it never happened again (knocking on wood as I hit 'submit reply')

Last edited by Superado; 05-08-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
Spin the blower 106% with zero belt slip.

I haven't seen anyone's D1sc make that much boost before either, but my 3-bar MAP said otherwise. I was tuning in the 260 kpa region.
what were you running as far as pulleys ? sizes/ ribs?

Originally Posted by Superado
Happened twice before I welded it on...all 3 times were w/ 6 rib set-up.

1st time was w/ the original factory WP and the P1SC after smaller pulley was installed and idlers were relocated for more belt wrap...also grenaded the P1SC on the same pass!
Quicksilverado had a spare stock belt at the track that day...I hammered the WP pulley back on, removed the broken P1SC, put the stock length belt on and drove it 2+ hrs home.

2nd time was w/ new WP and D1SC...
freezing cold at the track that day...heated up the pulley w/ a propane heater we had in a friends trailer and slid it back on...drove 2+ hrs home.
Next morning I opened the hood in the driveway...touched the pulley and it fell off.

3rd time was AFTER I welded the pulley on another new WP...on my way to work one morning...
this time the factory weld broke on the big school bell lookin' WP pulley...@ the threads.

After the 3rd time...I went w/ a new WP...welded on the pulley AND welded on several ribs across the front of the ProCharger bracket in an attempt to limit flex... it never happened again (knocking on wood as I hit 'submit reply')
did you try any different brands of water pumps? looks like a couple different people make them . i wonder if any are better then others.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
did you try any different brands of water pumps? looks like a couple different people make them . i wonder if any are better then others.
No...but new WP each time...not remans...
They all have pressed on pulleys...shouldn't make a difference on brand.
IMO...I believe that the flexing of the ProCharger's mounting bracket is what causes it.

Quick Reply: pulleyed down and just look what happened ...