FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

putting turbo in silverado?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgrown
I'll fill in for spoolin to play in the mud, I'll show ya what a true heavy duty setup can do. tell ya what kid I'll leave my truck in 2wd and you can have yours in 4wd and we'll see who comes out on top
lol youll rip his rear end off! 100 bucks says the Dmax takes the halfton horse hauler. Kid you need more than a "built" trans if you wanna play with diesels.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

C'mon i promise i wont spool the turbo up to badly we can wire my waste gate shut i'll be gentle
Old 07-26-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Matt-Don't mind RH, he's got a high stall convertor that revs instantly!

You did mention you wanted to haul horse trailers? I'm assuming with horsies in them? Turbo may not be the best choice for that activity. I went from an sc setup to a turbo a few years back and the usability of the truck (for me) went away. Dropped over a second at the track, but heated everything to hades when trying to tow much of anything, even in the Az summer with nothing behind the truck and 2 trans coolers, it wanted to cook everything under the hood.
Just something to think about if you plan on any "heavy duty" towing.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

no i pull the horses trailer for my sister all the time with horses in it, my dad usaly to busy some times and i have to, and spoolin, we put a new fuel pump in my truck, btw it was a pain in the ***, but my truck is still surging when you driving it, and my truck is leaking out this thick oil out of my 4wd transforcase, if you want ill take a picture and show you, but my dad thinks is my fuel regalater that is causing my truck surge
Old 08-03-2009, 11:18 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by motormanimatt
no i pull the horses trailer for my sister all the time with horses in it, my dad usaly to busy some times and i have to, and spoolin, we put a new fuel pump in my truck, btw it was a pain in the ***, but my truck is still surging when you driving it, and my truck is leaking out this thick oil out of my 4wd transforcase, if you want ill take a picture and show you, but my dad thinks is my fuel regalater that is causing my truck surge
Did you pull the bed off like I told you rather than drop the tank?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Did you pull the bed off like I told you rather than drop the tank?
Pulling the bed is still a PITA. Do like I did cut a hole right over the pump, then put a small access door there... Then if you ever need to get in there, in and out in 20 mins.... Or you could do a inline pump, I happen to have one for sale..
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

no, i tried to tell my dad to pull the bed off but he said its easier his way, so we got half the tank off then my driveshaft was in the way, so we droped that soo that was out of the way, so we could get to things easier, then we had the tank droped then we slid it out from under my truck and replace the pump and put the tank back on, my starting problem was fixed, but my truck is still surging, if you kick it down a gear or turn out tow/haul it wont surge, but it seems to do it after my truck been running for more then 15min and it will starting surging
Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said cut a hole over top the pump, to get acess to it.. Change out your fuel filter on the rail..
Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

i already did like couple months ago
Old 08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

btw are you stupid why would you cut a whole in the bed of your truck

Quick Reply: putting turbo in silverado?