FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

putting turbo in silverado?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by motormanimatt
btw are you stupid why would you cut a whole in the bed of your truck
Dude over the fuel pump in the bed floor, not in the side.. Then simply make a cover for it.. The hole is only about 7 inch around...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know, still why, then you cant load stuff in your truck anymore in that spot, your cutting holes in your truck, think bout it, your making your bed more weak
Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Baltimore Whore

i know, still why, then you cant load stuff in your truck anymore in that spot, your cutting holes in your truck, think bout it, your making your bed more weak
No your way off here.. It is not a huge hole, it will not have any effect on what can be put in the bed or the actual structural integrity of it.. It is up in the far left corner..It will just make life alot easier then laying on your back, undoing your drive shaft and all that, or taking the bed off to get to a fuel pump thats in the tank. But if you like to mess around with doing things like that, be my guest. I was just stating the simplicity of doing the hole over the pump....
Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
No your way off here.. It is not a huge hole, it will not have any effect on what can be put in the bed or the actual structural integrity of it.. It is up in the far left corner..It will just make life alot easier then laying on your back, undoing your drive shaft and all that, or taking the bed off to get to a fuel pump thats in the tank. But if you like to mess around with doing things like that, be my guest. I was just stating the simplicity of doing the hole over the pump....

Doesn't hurt the structural integrity of the bed at all. And if done right there are not repercussions to the functionality of the bed itself.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And you don't have a hole because you cover it back up with an access lid like he said. You would want to use a Plasma cutter tho so it's a clean cut
Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

HaHa this maofuga dosent use his truck for work. The truck is only for sing it brotha "BOATS AND HOE'S- BOATS AND HOE'S!"
Old 08-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by phasemaster1
HaHa this maofuga dosent use his truck for work. The truck is only for sing it brotha "BOATS AND HOE'S- BOATS AND HOE'S!"
I do to use it for hauling stuff damn it... ***
Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

btw are you stupid why would you cut a whole in the bed of your truck
You answered the second half of the question but forgot the first. Inquiring minds gotta know. Mangled are you stupid?

All joking aside I think cutting the hole isn't a bad idea if done right. Why pull the bed if you don't have to.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no i pull the horses trailer for my sister all the time with horses in it,
Thats what most people put in them. There is a bunch of stuff that people have yet to inform you that you will need if you want to go with a turbo set up. You need your gauges Wideband and boost. You need injectors, at least 42lb but might as well get 60lbs and be done with it. You need to upgrade your valve train also so there are springs, pushrods and seats and retainers. Since you are going turbo i hope when you just changed your fuel pump you put in a higher volume pump like a walbro 255. It all adds up. I have about 7k in my turbo set up and needed up grades. Not counting my Trans. Just keep reading on here and you will see that a cheap set up is not the way to go. Good luck
Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I found you a kit here ya go.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/sale-...tml#post294834

Quick Reply: putting turbo in silverado?